Project Management: Principles for Success
The backbone of project management is planning, scheduling, and
controlling. There are well-established principles, tools, and
techniques for taking these critical elements to a professional level of
expertise. From the management of small to complex projects,
participants will find a proven approach to shorten project duration,
manage communication, report status, and keep the project on track for
on time and on budget delivery.
Effective project managers use proven practices to manage the key resources of people, process, and knowledge. In this course, participants will be provided with the tools and skills needed to ensure that all of their projects are successful. They will learn how to manage a project from the beginning to end and will have the chance to put into practice their newly acquired skills. They will work on actual projects, learn to develop a team, outline project scope, and project outcomes.
- Describe and recognize the critical elements of a correct project measure of performance
- Demonstrate the ability to identify the major deliverables required to achieve a project’s measure of performance
- Demonstrate the ability to develop a project scope statement that will provide clarity and reduce the chance of scope creep
- Demonstrate a basic understanding and use of the common techniques for planning and scheduling project work
- Demonstrate the ability to calculate the critical path for a simple project
- Demonstrate methods for compressing the time required to complete a project
- Describe the benefits of establishing a project baseline
- Describe the critical elements of risk identification, mitigation, and control
- Describe a method for managing project changes
- Describe methods for developing and implementing project lessons learned
- Classes are three consecutive days
- 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Larimer and Weld County Areas
Please contact Jo Ann Haussler to be put on a notification list for future classes, or to discuss a class for your business: email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (970) 204-8130.
Westminster/Adams, Broomfield, Boulder, and North Jefferson County Areas
Please contact Veronica Chavez to be put on a notification list for future classes, or to discuss a class for your business: email email@example.com or call (303) 404-5462.