Title: Health Information Technology Faculty (Position #301810)
||Westminster Campus, Westminster, Colorado
|Date of Notice:
||November 12, 2012
|Application Close Date:
||Open Until Filled
|Job Start Date:
||August 13, 2013
This is a full time teaching position in the Health Information Technology Program. The position also includes the administrative oversight of the professional practicum experience for the HIT students. Fulltime faculty at FRCC are expected to assume instructional leadership roles which may include hiring and mentoring part-time instructors, developing curriculum, scheduling classes, student advising, contributing to department, campus, college and community initiatives, serving on departmental and college-wide committees, assessment of student academic achievement, and other college activities as assigned by the chair and dean. All full time faculty may be asked to teach partly online, depending on the needs of their program area.
Bachelors degree in a related field, with certification of Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), and two to three years (full-time equivalent) of work-related experience within the last 5 years.
Two to three years (full-time equivalent) recent teaching experience at the post-secondary level, preferably in a community college teaching HIT-related courses. Experience with online teaching preferred.
$40,968-$50,088 depending on education and experience. This is a 9 month position paid out over 12 months.
- Paid sick leave
- Group health, dental and life insurance with College cost participation
- State retirement program
All candidates, including current Front Range Community College employees, must submit a complete application packet which includes:
- Letter of interest detailing experience as related to the position
- FRCC application for Exempt Employment
- Copy of transcripts
- One page statement of your teaching philosophy
Send application materials to the Human Resources office located at:
Front Range Community College
Boulder County Campus
Office of Human Resources
2190 Miller Dr.
Longmont, CO 80501
- Preliminary screening will be made on the basis of completed application package submitted by candidate. Only complete application packets will move forward for screening.
- Please review the job duties and minimum requirements carefully. It is your responsibility to demonstrate on your application that you meet all of the minimum requirements listed above to be considered. Failure to do so will result in your application being rejected.
- Selected applicants will be invited by the screening committee for interviews and will be required to give a brief teaching demonstration.
- All application materials become the property of Front Range Community College and cannot be copied.
- A separate application package must be submitted when applying for other positions at FRCC.
- FRCC will conduct a criminal background check on selected candidate. Employment offers and continued employment are contingent upon receiving a satisfactory report.
- If hired, official college transcripts will be required.
Notice to Applicants
The State of Colorado must comply with the Immigration Reform and Control Act 1986. If hired you will be required to provide documents within 3 days of hire date to show your identity & your authorization to work. This law applies to all persons hired. Effective 3/1/88, Colorado fiscal rules require Direct Deposit for all new employees. The State of Colorado fiscal rules require Direct Deposit for all new employees. Former employees of the Colorado Community College System or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this information on your application.
Front Range Community College, as required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), has compiled a comprehensive Campus Security Report. This report includes information about crime statistics from the previous three years, campus security policies as well as prevention programs. Information pertaining to the Boulder County, Larimer and Westminster campuses as well as the Brighton Center are also made available in this report. A paper copy is also available upon request by contacting the Public Safety Office at the Boulder County Campus, the Larimer Campus or the Westminster Campus.
Front Range Community College has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity and welcomes responses from men & women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.