Program Admissions Process
Applications for Fall 2014 Admission Accepted: February 17 – March 28, 2014
Applications for Spring 2015 Admission Accepted: July 7 – August 15, 2014
Important to Know:
- Admission into the Front Range Community College/Larimer Campus Nursing Program is an application process.
- Applicants must meet the minimum admission requirements detailed below and apply during the specified application period.
- Applications are accepted twice a year, once for fall and once for spring admission.
- Any student who has failed a FRCC nursing course is ineligible to apply.
- Incomplete applications will not be processed nor will the Nursing Department accept any additional materials after the posted deadline.
Steps to Apply:
- Apply to FRCC
- Take the Accuplacer placement tests through the FRCC Testing Center or submit ACT/SAT scores if taken within the past five years. Test into MAT 103 by completing MAT 050-Quantitative Literacy, or the Elementary Algebra assessment test with a score of 60 or higher. (Higher level math courses are also accepted.)
- Complete the following prerequisite coursework with a letter grade of “C” or higher:
a. BIO 201 Human Anatomy & Physiology I (4 credits with lab)*
b. BIO 202 Human Anatomy & Physiology II (4 credits with lab)*
c. BIO 204 Microbiology (4 credits with lab)*
d. ENG 121 English Composition I
e. PSY 235 Human Growth and Development
*All science courses must be within 7 years of entry into the nursing program.
A minimum GPA of 2.75 in these five courses is required. If prerequisite coursework is repeated, no more than one ‘D’ or ‘F’ in each of these courses is allowed. No prerequisite coursework may be ‘in progress’ at the time of application.
If any prerequisite coursework was taken outside of the FRCC system, you must have your transcripts officially evaluated through the FRCC Admissions & Records Department. All prerequisites must be transferred to your FRCC transcript before making application. Evaluations take up to 30 days to complete after Admissions & Records receives the official transcript and the Transfer Credit Evaluation form.
- Take HESI A-2 Entrance Exam. The subject areas are: Reading Comprehension, Math, Biology and Chemistry. You must have a minimum cumulative score of 75% on the HESI to apply to the Nursing program. The exam may only be taken once in 365 days and is offered at the Testing Center at the FRCC Larimer Campus and Prometric Testing Center. The Prometric department/eligibility ID is 200647.
- Optional: Healthcare related employment. If you have 1,000 hours or more of work experience as a Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA), provide a signed letter from your supervisor with your application. Use this form letter (PDF). Only work experience that requires a CNA license will be considered at this time.
- Optional: A Medical Terminology course from an accredited college with a grade of ‘C’ or higher (1-3 credits). FRCC courses are HPR 178 or HPR 208. If taken at another college, the course must be transferred to your FRCC transcript.
- Complete the online nursing application. You will need to upload the following documentation with your electronic application:
a. Unofficial FRCC transcript (no other transcripts will be accepted)
b. HESI A-2 Summary Page
c. Letter from healthcare employer (if applicable)
- Retain a copy of all documentation for your records. You will be notified of your placement status via your student email (@student.cccs.edu) 30 days after the deadline.