GED Testing at Brighton Center
You must have an appointment to take the GED at FRCC’s Brighton Center. Tests are given on Fridays from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. The cost for the full battery (all five subjects) is $120, payable by check or money order. To take the GED Test at the Brighton Center:
- Register online. If you have a printer, please print your registration confirmation and bring it with you when you test.
- Call (303) 404-5338 to schedule a testing time.
- On your testing day, come to FRCC’s Brighton Center, 1850 Egbert Street, Brighton, by 8:30 am. Look for the sign in the lobby directing you to the room in which you’ll test.
- Bring a valid government issued picture ID such as a driver’s license, state ID, passport or military ID – we can’t test you without it. If you were able to print your registration confirmation, bring that as well.
Testing Rules and Tips
- Dictionaries, calculators, slide rulers, or other mechanical aids are not permitted
- Answer every question; incorrect answers do not count against your score
- Only mark one answer for each multiple choice question
- Children are not allowed in the GED testing room, and may not be left unattended in other areas in the college. Please make appropriate accommodations in advance.
- Some financial aid for GED testing and prep is available. Please call (303) 404-5338 for information.
Get Help with GED Prep
The GED program at Front Range Community College has the instructors, the staff, and the resources to help you prepare for the GED test. Our intensive GED course provides the guidance and individual instruction needed for success. Classes are held two evenings per week along with one evening of supported study lab. Students will work closely with the instructor and staff in creating a plan that will lead to successful completion of the GED exam.
New students are required to attend an orientation session prior to registering for the class. At orientation students will learn the details of the program and how to register, take a short assessment test, and begin making a plan for successful completion of the GED exam. For more information and orientation dates please call (303) 404-5465.
GED Prep Course at FRCC’s Brighton Center
A GED prep course is now available at the Brighton Center. The cost for the course is $130, payable to FRCC by check or money order at the time you register. Please note this prep course fee does not include the $120 official GED Test fee. Call (303) 404-5465 for more information and to reserve a place in the next class.
For information about summer coursework, and about GED prep courses at other Front Range campuses, please call (303) 404-5465.