Our advisors help you explore educational opportunities at FRCC, choose a certificate program or degree path, select your courses and create an academic plan, and much more.
Get Started Advising for New Students
FRCC students give new students the scoop on how to succeed. In 45 minutes you will learn how to:
- Read the schedule/catalog
- Declare a major and degree/certificate program
- Authorize the College Opportunity Fund (COF)
- Register for classes
- Access eWOLF
- Pay for classes and purchase books
No reservation is needed, and each session is limited to 10 students. Please sign in for a Get Started session at the Information Center in the Mount Antero building at least 5 minutes before the session begins. See the schedule for Get Started sessions.
Meet with an Advisor
Meet one-to-one with an advisor to develop your talk about classes, major requirements, and your goals. Call (970) 204-8332 to schedule an appointment or simply drop by (first-come, first-served).
Advising offers several helpful programs for students, including:
- Crisis Counseling & Stress Management for FRCC students, including brief, time-limited counseling, learning disability screening, educational workshops, and referrals to community resources.
- Single Parent Program — supports single-parent students as they pursue their educations.
- Career Services — offers students customized assistance in choosing a major, exploring careers, and job seeking.
- Veteran Services — an informational and support program for veteran students seeking to use their VA benefits at FRCC.