Transfer into FRCC

Your education is a life-changing journey, and we are honored that you are considering transferring to Front Range Community College as you continue your studies.

How to Transfer

If you intend to earn a certificate or degree from FRCC and have had previous college-level learning experiences (through testing, other colleges, or job training), complete these steps:

  1. Apply for admission to FRCC online or complete a paper application. See all steps to getting started at FRCC.

  2. Complete a Transfer Credit Evaluation Request Form  and send it to the Admissions and Records Office of the FRCC campus you wish to attend.

  3. Contact your previous institution(s) and request an official transcript. Have the official transcript sent directly to the Admissions and Records Office of the FRCC campus you plan to attend—not to you. See campus addresses.

  4. Once you have received your official Transfer Credit Evaluation (which will be completed and emailed to you within 30 days after both your Transfer Credit Evaluation Request Form and your prior institution transcripts have been received), schedule an appointment with an FRCC academic advisor to discuss how your transferred credits can be applied to your FRCC course of study (as well as what your remaining degree or certificate requirements are).

Sources of Possible Transfer Credit

  • Colleges/universities accredited by one of six regional accrediting associations.

  • Corporate training following American Council on Education (ACE) recommendations.

  • Military training following ACE recommendations.

  • Credit reviewed under one of FRCC‘s articulation agreements with area school districts.

  • International educational credentials after review by a National Association of Credential Evaluation Services-approved organization.

  • Other credit sources  

Transfer Credit Evaluation Policies

  • FRCC accepts transfer credit only from post-secondary institutions accredited by one of the six regional accrediting associations.

  • Credits that are accepted for general transfer purposes may not necessarily apply to a specific degree or certificate program.

  • FRCC reserves the right to examine all credits to determine obsolescence of content.  If coursework is found to be obsolete, the student may be required to update the credit.  FRCC allows students to earn credit by challenging courses and by developing a portfolio of prior learning.  Contact an advisor for additional information and see more about Credit for Prior Learning.

  • Transferred grades appear in FRCC’s internal records, on both official and unofficial transcripts, but are not calculated into the FRCC grade point average.

  • Credit for course work in which a student earned a grade of D or F is not transferable to FRCC.

  • Credit for remedial, preparatory, or non-college-level course work is not transferable to FRCC.

  • All course work is evaluated on the semester hour basis. For example, one quarter-hour equals two-thirds of a semester hour.

  • For Applied Science degrees and certificates, students should contact their faculty advisor and/or instructional department chair for information concerning course substitutions and waivers.

  • When your evaluation is complete, transfer credit will be posted to your online student record, which you can access using your student account PIN.

  • All postings of transfer credit to a student’s academic record are considered final.  Students with questions or concerns about their transcript evaluations should contact the Transcript Evaluator who provided the evaluation.  If the question or concern cannot be resolved between the student and the Transcript Evaluator, the student may formally appeal by following procedures specified in the current FRCC Catalog. The appeal must be submitted within 15 days of the date of the evaluation.


Helpful Information