Do You Qualify for a Tutor?
Students who are enrolled in a credit class at the Boulder County campus or an online class are eligible for one hour of free weekly individual tutoring in two subjects. A student who is eligible for academic accommodation may have two hours of tutoring per week in two subjects.
- Students must visit or call the tutoring office to set up a tutoring schedule. Scheduling will be followed by an email confirmation to the student’s FRCC email address.
- All tutoring takes place on the Boulder County campus.
- Students who miss or cancel two tutoring appointments may be dropped from tutoring for the rest of the semester.
- Tutors do not do homework for students. They are facilitators of student learning. Students should be prepared with goals and questions for each tutoring session. If students come to sessions unprepared, they risk being dropped from tutoring.
- Students must request a tutor at least three weeks before the end of the semester
How to Schedule a Tutor
- Students should complete the tutor request form completely and accurately. Without complete information, the tutoring office cannot place a student with a tutor. This information includes an S number, Front Range student email address, and the student’s signature.
- Once students have completed a Tutor Request Form, they then meet with the Tutor Coordinator or Assistant.
- If neither are available, students should inquire at the front desk of the Student Success Center.
- Please check the Tutoring Office window or the main desk of the Student Success Center for office hours.
- Students who cannot be on campus during office hours should drop off the completed form at the main desk in the Student Success Center, and then call the tutoring office during office hours to schedule tutoring sessions: (303) 678-3781 or (303) 678-3782.
Drop-in tutoring is available for selected subjects. Please visit or call the Student Success Center main desk for details: (303) 678-3900.