College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
CLEP is the most widely accepted credit-by-examination program in the United States today, helping students of all ages earn college degrees faster by getting credit for what they already know. Upon receiving a satisfactory score, you can earn college credits toward your degree for each CLEP subject exam you take.
Please Note: CLEP credits are NOW accepted as part of a degree - with or without designation - at participating colleges in Colorado. Please check with your institution to see if they accept the CLEP exam for credit. We recommend talking with an advisor prior to taking a CLEP exam. See CLEP credits accepted at FRCC January 2009 to present.
For each CLEP test there will be a charge of $25.00 to proctor the test payable to Front Range Community College plus $80.00 to be paid by credit card or check to CLEP. The total cost will be $105.00 payable at the time of the test.
Why take a CLEP Exam?
- Save time. Get college credit for what you have learned through independent study, advanced high school courses, noncredit adult courses, or professional development.
- Save money. The cost of a CLEP exam is significantly less than the cost of tuition.
- Graduate on time. CLEP can help you to finish sooner if you're a few credits shy of graduating.
CLEP Testing Locations and Registration
Boulder County Campus
- Create an account at collegeboard.org.
- After you create your account, contact us to schedule an appointment.
The CLEP testing system is being upgraded and will be unavailable until further notice. If you would like to be notified when the test is available again, please email us at email@example.com and request to be notified.
CLEP exams are administered by appointment only. Please contact the Westminster Testing Center to schedule your appointment.
CLEP Exam Resources
CLEP exam guides from the College Board
Free CLEP exam practice tests