Nursing HESI A-2 EXAM Testing Information
This page has information that will help you complete the Nursing HESI A-2 exam at the Front Range Community College Larimer Campus Testing Center.
For questions specific to the Nursing program admissions process, see the Larimer Campus Nursing page.
Testing for the HESI-A-2 exam is available during the Testing Center regular hours of operation, with the exception of the dates below. No appointment is neccessary.
HESI-A-2 exam testing is NOT available:
How to Register
Please complete your HESI-A-2 Exam within one month of registering and paying for the exam.
1. Go to https://evolve.elsevier.com
2. Create an Elsevier account
3. Register to take the test
4. Print your registration confirmation.
How to Pay
Two separate payments are needed for the HESI-A-2 Exam.
1. Pay online
- Follow the instructions above to pay for the test online.
- Bring a copy of your registration with you to the Testing Center.
2. Pay proctor
- A $15.00 proctor fee is charged to FRCC students ($25.00 for non-FRCC students) at the testing center, on the day of the test.
- Cash, charge, or debit cards are accepted. No checks.
Students who need accommodations should contact the Office of Disability Services at the Larimer Campus:
On the day of your test, follow these testing center policies.
FRCC Larimer Campus Testing Center
- Bring a Valid Government issued I.D. such as a driver’s license; FRCC Wolf Cards will NOT be accepted
- Bring a credit card or cash to pay the $25.00 proctor fee; checks are not accepted
- Leave all cell phones and backpacks in a locker at the Student Center; they are not allowed in the Testing Center
- No children are allowed in the Testing Center during testing
- No children may be left unattended outside of the Testing Center during testing
Prometric Testing Center
- Study guides are available in the Reserve section of the Harmony Library on the Larimer Campus.
- Study guides are available for purchase through the Elsevier website.
HESI A-2 exam results are required for the Nursing program application process.
- Allow seven business days to complete the testing process.
- You will be notified of your score through your Elsevier account within 72 hours of taking the exam. Check your account with them for your information.
- Test Scores are valid for one year.
- The overall score is considered, with emphasis on biology and chemistry.
- Nursing program application deadlines changes every semester. For current information, visit the FRCC Larimer Campus nursing department web page.
Candidates may take this test one time every year. 365 days must lapse between your test administrations; you will be eligible on day 366 from your last test date.