Take Classes for Transfer as a Guest Student
Apply for Admission / F-1 Visa
A guest student is a student that is currently attending another college within the United States and wants to take classes at our college that will transfer back to their current school. As a guest student, your current school will maintain your SEVIS record. You must be in good academic standing at your current school to be eligible to attend FRCC as a guest student.
The deadline to apply as a guest student is one week before the class begins.
Steps to Apply as a Guest Student:
- Apply for admission. There is no application fee. You can apply online or complete a paper application (PDF).
- Submit a letter from your current school’s Designated School Official (DSO) giving you permission to take a class at FRCC.
- Submit current copies of your I-20, I-94, visa, and passport.
- Submit proof of English proficiency by providing a copy of your college transcript. If you have not taken college level English you will be required to provide a copy of TOEFL score of at least 153 computer-based, 53 Internet-based, or IELTS score of at least 6.0. If you have not taken college level math, you will be required to take the math portion of the assessment test.
- If the class you wish to take requires a pre-requisite, you need to have successfully passed the pre-requisite course with a grade of a C or better.
- If you are sponsored by your country and they are paying for your courses, you will need to have a letter sent to the Designated School Official at your campus and the Cashier’s Office prior to the payment deadline. If this is not received by the payment deadline you will be dropped from your courses.
Once your admissions application is processed, we will contact you with information on when and how to register for your class.
If you wish to enroll for future semesters (within one year) you will need to provide an updated letter of permission from your current school’s Designated School Official (DSO) giving you permission to take classes at FRCC.