Students Under Age 17
Attention students younger than 17 years of age: Want to get ahead?
Take classes at Front Range Community College! You can explore potential career interests, earn college credit, and get a feel for what college classes are like. If you are a Concurrent Enrollment student, you do not need to meet the following requirements. Contact High School Programs staff at the campus you plan to attend for more information about enrollment.
Waive Minimum Age Requirements
Students who wish to waive the minimum age for admissions (as per the Colorado Community College and Occupational Education System State Board Policy) must meet the following criteria:
- Students must demonstrate readiness for college-level work by meeting all state-established minimum scores for college-level English, reading, and mathematics. College level preparedness can be demonstrated by the following minimum scores:
- Accuplacer - English 121, Math 121, and Reading at college level
- SAT – Critical Reading 440, and Math 460
- ACT – English 18, Math 19, and Reading 17
- Students must meet with an advisor or designated staff member to determine eligibility for admission and appropriateness of course selection. The Dean of Student Services or designee is responsible for final approval.
- The student and the student’s parent or guardian must sign the Underage Consent form indicating that they understand the college’s expectations.
- If approved by the Dean of Student Services (or designee), the Office of Admissions and Records will notify the student of his or her approval status and remove the registration hold, allowing the student to enroll at FRCC.