Earn Credits by Testing Out of Classes
CLEP (the College-Level Examination Program) and DSST (DANTES Subject Standardized Test) are credit-by-examination programs that allow you to earn credit for college courses by taking and passing exams in various subject areas.
CLEP and DSST credits are accepted as part of a degree - with or without designation - at participating colleges in Colorado, including FRCC. Credit is not awarded if the student has completed equivalent coursework. We recommend talking with an advisor prior to taking CLEP or DSST exams.
Who Can Test?
FRCC is an open exam site. Any person requesting CLEP or DSST testing will be served. Students may send their scores to any institution that accepts CLEP or DSST credit.
Save time - Get college credit for what you have already learned.
Save money - The cost of the exams is significantly less than the cost of tuition.
Graduate on time - These exams can help you to finish sooner, if you're a few credits shy of graduating.
Reach your career goals - Demonstrate you have college-level knowledge in subjects relevant to your work.
Compete for college admission - Some colleges see passing scores for CLEPs or DSSTs as evidence of how well you will perform at the college level.
FRCC Testing Locations and Registration
Boulder County Campus
- CLEP—Create an account at collegeboard.org. Then, contact the Boulder County Campus Testing Center to schedule an appointment.
- DSST—To schedule an exam or learn more, contact the Boulder County Campus Testing Center.
CLEP— Exams are by appointment only. To register, complete this form.
- DSST—To schedule an exam or learn more, contact the Westminster Campus Testing Center.
Total cost is $105.00 per test, due at the time of the test:
- $25.00 proctor fee per test, payable to Front Range Community College by check or cash only
- $80.00 per test, payable to CLEP or DSST by check or credit card only