All nursing applicants are required to take the Elsevier HESI A-2 entrance exam. View the Larimer Campus Nursing Department
page for nursing program information.
Take the HESI exam at the Larimer Campus Testing Center.
Testing for the HESI-A-2 exam is available during the Larimer Campus Testing Center regular hours of operation, with the exception of the dates below.
- No appointment is necessary.
- HESI-A-2 exam testing is NOT available December 8 - 15, 2014.
How to Register
Please complete your HESI-A-2 Exam within one month of registering and paying for the exam.
1. Go to the Elsevier website.
2. Create an Elsevier account.
3. Register to take the test.
4. Print your registration confirmation.
How to Pay
Two separate payments are needed for the HESI-A-2 Exam. One is made online, the other is made at the Testing Center.
1. Pay online
- Follow the instructions above to pay for the test online.
- Bring a copy of your registration with you to the Testing Center.
2. Pay proctor
- A $15.00 proctor fee is charged to FRCC students ($25.00 for non-FRCC students) at the testing center, on the day of the test.
- Cash, charge, or debit cards are accepted. No checks.
Students who need accommodations should contact the Office of Disability Services
On the day of your test, follow testing center policies.
FRCC Testing Centers
Prometric Testing Centers
- Study guides are available in the Reserve section of the Harmony Library on the Larimer Campus.
- Study guides are available for purchase through the Elsevier website.
HESI A-2 exam results are required for the Nursing program application process.
- Allow seven business days to complete the testing process.
- You will be notified of your score through your Elsevier account within 72 hours of taking the exam. Check your account with them for your information.
- Test Scores are valid for one year.
- The overall score is considered, with emphasis on biology and chemistry.
- Nursing program application deadlines changes every semester. For current information, visit the FRCC Larimer Campus nursing department web page.
Candidates may take this test one time every year. 365 days must lapse between your test administrations; you will be eligible on day 366 from your last test date.