Nurses are special people who combine compassion with competence. They are responsible, detail-oriented people who work in a very fast-paced and changing profession. One thing that hasn't changed in recent years is a grave concern over a shortage of nurses. More new jobs are expected to be created for registered nurses than for any other occupation, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Our mission is to provide excellent education that prepares the learner to become a member of the nursing profession, meeting the needs of diverse populations.
Degrees & Certificates
Our Nursing Program prepares you for a career as a registered nurse. Admission into the program is a precise process. Although we provide you with information on this Web page, we always encourage you to consult the latest catalog for details.
The Westminster Campus Nursing Program offers an Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) in Nursing as well these options:
- Practical Nurse Exit Option: Students may complete the first year of the A.A.S. Nursing Program and NUR 169 to receive a certificate and be eligible to apply to take the Licensed Practical Nurse examination, NCLEX-PN.
- We also have a two-plus-two program partnership with Metropolitan State University of Denver to earn a Bachelor of Science in Nursing. Learn more.
- The Nurse Aide certificate qualifies you to take the State Certification Examination to become a CNA. Graduates of our Nurse Aide Program have a pass rate on the state exam of 91 percent.
- Dual Enrollment Program: While taking courses at FRCC toward your A.A.S. in Nursing you can take online courses from Beth-El College of Nursing and Health Sciences at the University of Colorado-Colorado Springs (UCCS) that count toward obtaining a BSN. For more information, visit the UCCS Nursing website.
There is a lot to learn about the Westminster Campus Nursing Program. Use the links below to get started.
Nursing Information Sessions
Nursing Program information sessions provide details on the application process, required prerequisite courses, estimated program costs and wait list information. They are held the second Wednesday of each month at 6:00 p.m. in Room B0353. Find this room on a map. (Note: No meetings are held in July or December, or if the campus is closed.)
Nurse Aide Information Sessions
Students interested in the Nurse Aide program must attend an information session to obtain an application packet. Learn more on the Nurse Aide Program admission requirements page.
Front Range Community College has adopted standards for admission, progression and graduation of all Nursing Program students in clinical courses involving direct client care. Candidates for these degrees must be able to meet these required minimum standards for successful completion of degree requirements.
The Westminster Campus now uses a competitive application process only; there is no longer a waitlist. For detailed information on the process, we highly recommended you attend a nursing information session (see that section, above).
For the Fall 2016 semester, entry applications will be accepted from February 22, 2016 through March 17, 2016. Before you apply during this application window, please be sure to read the complete criteria we use to review your application.
- If you plan to take your nursing prerequisite courses at Front Range Community College, you must first apply to the college.
- It is highly recommended you meet with the Allied Health and Nursing Advisor, Laura Roecker, to plan your program of study
- Learn more about the nursing program admissions process.
The Westminster Campus Nursing Program curriculum organizing framework describes the concepts, beliefs and philosophy upon which the nursing curriculum is organized and developed.
The Westminster Campus Nursing Program has continuing full approval from the Colorado State Board of Nursing. The Westminster Campus is also accredited by the Accreditation Commission For Education in Nursing, Inc. (ACEN).
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc.
3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 500
Atlanta, GA 30326