All nursing applicants are required to take the Elsevier HESI A-2 entrance exam. View the Larimer Campus Nursing Department page for nursing program information.
- $48 fee paid to Elsevier prior to taking the exam.
- $35.00 + small fee to RegisterBlast when you set up your appointment.
You may take the HESI exam at the Larimer Campus Testing Center, or at a Prometric Testing Center.
- Testing for the HESI-A-2 exam is available Monday-Friday during the Larimer Campus Testing Center regular hours of operation.
- Allow a minimum of five hours to complete the exam.
- Visit the Prometric website to locate a testing center and learn about their testing center hours.
How to Register - FRCC Testing Center
- Go to the Elsevier website and use these instructions to create an Evolve account.
- Be sure to pay the $48 fee for the exam, and print your receipt.
- Visit the Larimer Campus Testing Center.
- Bring your Elsevier/Evolve account information and payment receipt with you.
- Be prepared to pay the $35.00 + small fee to RegisterBlast when you set up your appointment.
How to Register - Prometric Location
- Go to the Elsevier website and create an Elsevier account
- Use these instructions to register. The Prometric department ID is 200647.
- Print your registration confirmation.
- You must complete your HESI-A-2 Exam within one month of registering and paying for the exam.
Students who need accommodations should contact the Office of Disability Services.
On the day of your test, follow testing center policies.
- Study guides are available in the Reserve section of the Harmony Library on the Larimer Campus.
- Study guides are available for purchase through the Elsevier website.
HESI A-2 exam results are required for the Nursing program application process.
- You will be notified of your score through your Elsevier account within 24 hours of taking the exam. Check your account with them for your information.
- The overall score is considered, with emphasis on biology and chemistry.
- Nursing program application deadlines changes every semester. For current information, visit the FRCC Larimer Campus nursing department web page.
Candidates may take this test one time every year. 365 days must lapse between your test administrations; you will be eligible on day 366 from your last test date.