All nursing applicants are required to take the Elsevier HESI A-2 entrance exam. View the Larimer Campus Nursing Department
page for nursing program information.
You may take the HESI exam at the Larimer Campus Testing Center (requires Nursing Department approval), or at a Prometric Testing Center.
- Testing for the HESI-A-2 exam is available during the Larimer Campus Testing Center regular hours of operation. Allow a minimum of three hours to complete the exam. No appointment is necessary, but Nursing Department approval must be provided in advance.
- Visit the Prometric website to locate a testing center and learn about their testing center hours.
How to Register - FRCC Testing Center
1. IMPORTANT: You must have Larimer Campus Nursing Department approval, before scheduling to take your HESI exam at the FRCC Larimer Campus Testing Center. Contact the Larimer Campus Nursing Admissions Coordinator by email or phone at (970) -204-8221 or (970) 204-8200, to obtain approval.
2. Go to the Elsevier website and use these instructions to create an Evolve account.
3. Visit the Larimer Campus Testing Center. Bring your Elsevier/Evolve account information with you.
4. There is no charge to take the exam at this Testing Center, when you have Nursing Department approval.
How to Register - Prometric Location
1. Go to the Elsevier website and create an Elsevier account
2. Use these instructions to register. The Prometric department ID is 200647.
3. Print your registration confirmation.
4. You must complete your HESI-A-2 Exam within one month of registering and paying for the exam.
Students who need accommodations should contact the Office of Disability Services
On the day of your test, follow testing center policies.
FRCC Testing Centers
Prometric Testing Centers
- Study guides are available in the Reserve section of the Harmony Library on the Larimer Campus.
- Study guides are available for purchase through the Elsevier website.
HESI A-2 exam results are required for the Nursing program application process.
- You will be notified of your score through your Elsevier account within 24 hours of taking the exam. Check your account with them for your information.
- Test Scores are valid for one year.
- The overall score is considered, with emphasis on biology and chemistry.
- Nursing program application deadlines changes every semester. For current information, visit the FRCC Larimer Campus nursing department web page.
Candidates may take this test one time every year. 365 days must lapse between your test administrations; you will be eligible on day 366 from your last test date.