Top Questions > Financial Aid

  • Financial Aid is a multi-step process so we encourage you work to apply for financial aid well before you start your semester. You can complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at The FAFSA needs to be completed for each year that you plan on attending FRCC by the priority consideration date of April 1st. By adding our school code (007933) to your FAFSA, the U.S. Department of Education will send your information to FRCC electronically within 5-7 business days.

    See all the steps needed to apply for financial aid.

    All Colorado Residents should also be sure that they have applied for and authorized the Colorado Opportunity Fund (COF) through the dashboard on eWOLF. The COF is a stipend from the State of Colorado to help reduce the amount of tuition at Front Range Community College.

    Learn about the different types of financial aid offered at FRCC.

  • Scholarships are not automatically awarded to students through the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Scholarships require separate applications and can be found in a variety of ways. FRCC maintains a list of scholarships on our website and we encourage students to check regularly as new scholarships are continuously added.

    Check with your scholarship donor if you are uncertain of the enrollment requirements/deadlines or if you would like to request a change in the requirement for a given term. Most scholarships are also not available in Summer term.

    If you would like help in searching for scholarships, please contact the Financial Aid Office.

  • Unlike loans, grants do not need to be repaid. Grants offered at FRCC are based upon financial need and are available through federal, state or institutional sources. A Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is required in order to qualify. Additional qualifications may apply.

    Learn about the types of grants and eligibility requirements.

  • Available positions are posted online through the FRCC Job Opportunities page.  As an applicant, you will be asked to create a “profile,” which will give you the opportunity to upload your resume and all other pertinent information you would need to apply for a job.

    You must have a work study award before you can apply for a job. Most awards are offered to students who fill out a FAFSA by the April 1st priority consideration date. There is also a waitlist available for students who have not been awarded work study but are interested in a work study position. Contact the Financial Aid Office to be added to the work study waitlist.

    Work Study is a financial aid program designed to assist students with employment opportunities on campus or within the community. Students must be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours to maintain their eligibility for this program.  This is a regular paid position in which a student will receive a bi-monthly paycheck. Learn more about work study.

  • FRCC’s federal school code is 007933. This is the code for all FRCC campus locations. 

  • For questions about your financial aid, you may call or visit the Financial Aid Office at your campus:

    Boulder County: (303) 678-3696

    Larimer: (970) 204-8376

    Westminster/Brighton: (303) 404-5250

    You may also email a Financial Aid Advisor.

    We are open:

    Monday and Thursday: 8:30am - 6:00pm

    Tuesday and Wednesday: 8:30am - 5:00pm

    Friday: 8:30am - 4:00pm

  • Financial aid is paid toward tuition and fee balances after the date you can no longer drop 15-week courses for each term. See drop/add deadlines.

    If the amount of financial aid you are receiving exceeds the amount of tuition and fees that you owe, you will receive a refund for the difference to use toward education related expenses. 

  • Although FRCC accepts the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) throughout the academic year, the priority consideration date is April 1st of each year. Applying by this date could allow you to receive the maximum amount of financial aid.

    See all the steps needed to apply for financial aid.

  • Financial aid eligibility is determined based upon enrollment within an academic year (Fall, Spring, and Summer.) This eligibility is generally split between two terms, not three. This leaves some students with little to no financial aid available for the summer semester. If you plan to attend FRCC year round, you will need to plan financially for the third semester of enrollment within the academic year.

    Contact a Financial Aid Advisor for more information.

  • For the status of your Financial Aid, use the "Financial Aid Requirements" icon (on the eWOLF dashboard) to monitor the status of your FAFSA and any other pending requirements on your account. 

    Financial Aid communicates with students through their CCCS email account.  Updates and requested information will be emailed to you, so please make sure you are checking your student email frequently.

  • Federal and state regulations require that all financial aid recipients meet specific academic standards called Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP). Except for some private and institutional funds, all forms of financial aid (grants, loans and work-study) are affected by this policy. SAP status is determined at the end of each term.

    A student’s entire academic history at Front Range Community College is considered, including periods when financial aid was not received. The three components of Satisfactory Academic Progress are:

    • Cumulative GPA of 2.0 or above
    • Cumulative completion rate of 67% or above
    • Maximum time frame for the degree or program: Students must complete a degree or certificate prior to attempting 150% of the number of credits needed for their degree or certificate.

    Learn more about Satisfactory Academic Progress.

  • Per federal regulations, first time student loan borrowers at FRCC are subject to a 30 day hold of their first loan disbursement. This regulation only pertains to the first term of enrollment and will not affect future disbursements.

    Learn more about student loans.

  • Typically, scholarships are submitted to the college directly by the donor. Scholarships will not pay toward your outstanding tuition and fees until after the drop date for 15 week courses.

    If the scholarship is received before the payment deadline and is equal or greater than your bill, you are not responsible for making any payment. However, it is your responsibility to ensure the scholarship is received by the Financial Aid Office.

    Check with your scholarship donor if you are uncertain of the enrollment requirements or if you would like to request a change in the requirement for a given term. Most scholarships are also not available in the Summer term.

    See our listing of scholarship opportunities

  • Federal Direct Loans are a form of financial aid that must be repaid, either after a student graduates or when the student has stopped attending classes at least half-time (6-8 credit hours).

    A Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is required in order to qualify. Student must also be enrolled in a degree seeking program and be attending at least 6-8 credit hours per term. There is also a limit on the subsidized loans that you may borrow.

    First time borrowers must complete the Direct Loan Entrance Counseling and the Direct Loan Master Promissory Note (MPN). First time borrowers are also subject to a 30 day hold of their first loan disbursement at FRCC.

    Learn more about student loans.

  • International students may be able to work on campus with permission. Please contact the specialized Registrar Office staff at for more information.

Select A Category