Top Questions > Online Learning
Desire2Learn (D2L) is a user-friendly, online learning management system.
With D2L you can access online course materials and activities, and collaborate with your instructor and other students from your home, office or anywhere with an Internet connection.
- All FRCC Online courses live in D2L. Learn more about our online courses and how they work.
- Both FRCC campus-based courses and Online courses use D2L.
Log in to D2L
The introduction for students new to online classes is different than the New Student Orientation that all new students are required to attend.
While different, both are required for students taking their first online class.
New Student Orientation
Introduction to Online Learning
- If you are registered for your first online class, you will need to complete the Introduction to Online Learning, prior to starting your online class.
- The Introduction to Online Learning explains how to use Desire2Learn (D2L), and provides other important information for succeeding in online courses.
- Learn more about the Introduction to Online Orientation.
Online classes require access to a computer and certain software. Generally, online classes require more reading and writing than on campus classes, and require students to have strong time management skills and be self-disciplined. Online classes are not self-paced, and are normally driven by the deadlines during the semester for turning in papers, posting to discussion boards, taking quizzes, etc.
A wide spread myth among students who have yet to take their first online class is that online classes are easier than on campus classes. Surveys of students who have taken online classes show that they consider these classes to be at least has challenging as on campus courses.
Learn more about Online Learning at FRCC.
Select A Category