CARES Act of 2020
The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act, also known as the CARES Act, was a law passed during the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic to provide economic assistance to individuals in need. For Higher Education specifically, 14 billion dollars were allocated to helps students and institutions across the U.S. At Front Range Community College, we are dedicated to utilizing CARES Act funding to help students continue to be successful in their higher education endeavors during this critical time.
Educational Impact Grant II
The COVID-19 Educational Impact Grant II is now re-open to help support your success this Fall 2020 semester. Eligible students will be able to receive an $500 support grant for the Fall 2020 semester. This application will close on October 9th, 2020 at 4:00 p.m.
**Please note - if you have already received a Fall 2020 Covid Education Impact Grant II, you are not eligible to receive another grant award.**
- Students must submit a 2020-2021 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), meet all eligibility requirements, and have been offered a financial aid package.
- Your financial aid file must be complete and all necessary FAFSA paperwork submitted as part of the process.
- Financial Aid eligibility requirements can include but are not limited to: Students must be enrolled in a Financial Aid eligible degree/certificate program, be meetings Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress (2.0 GPA, 67% completion rate of attempted coursework, be within 150% of your degree completion), and be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen.
- Students must submit a COVID-19 Educational Impact Grant Application.
- Students must be enrolled in the Fall 2020 term at FRCC.
- All eligibility requirements must be met and in place by Friday, October 9th, 2020 in order to be considered.
- Friday, October 9th, 2020 by 4:00 pm.
- Grant funding will be awarded on a first-come, first served basis.
- Applications will be reviewed starting Monday, October 12th.
- Funds will be issued to student accounts starting Monday, October 19th, 2020.
- If approved, grant funds will be issued directly to the student for Fall 2020. Funding will not be applied to Fall 2020 balances owed, toward a future semester balance, or applied to any past due semester balances.
- If approved, grant funds will be issued directly to the student through the student's Bank Mobile refund preference (set up with the Cashiers Office). It can take up to 14 business days after funds are applied to the account for a student to receive the funding, based upon their selected refund preference.
- All decisions and notifications regarding the Educational Impact Grant II will be sent to applicants student-issued CCCS email account (accessible through eWOLF) after October 12th, 2020.
Questions about the application or eligibility?
If you have any questions about the application, eligibility requirements, or the awarding process, please contact us using the CARES Act grant email.