What is Money Management
Money management (or financial literacy as it is sometimes referred to) is defined as "the ability to use knowledge and skills to manage financial resources effectively for a lifetime of financial well-being."
-President's Advisory Council on Financial Literacy (2008)
Money management is an on-going, life-skill - requiring us to take on new information, challenge our current and past behaviors and develop new financial skills to help meet academic and financial goals. Our money management mission at FRCC is to create a strong foundation of the basics of money management. Our outreach, coaching and educational resources are focused on empowering our FRCC students with knowledge, tools, and confidence to make strong financial (and academic) decisions while at FRCC and in the future.
What services fall within Student Money Management?
- Want a presentation for your class, group or organization? Reach out to see if a money management topic may be just the fit!
- One-on-one coaching session (by appointment)
- Designed to help answer your personalized questions including applying for financial aid, determining financial aid limits, mapping out coursework and costs, or making plans for future student loan repayment.
- Online Financial Literacy 101 Platform
- An online platform is available to students who are interested in diving further into their personal finances through courses, quizzes, calculators and more.
Ready to dive in deeper and learn more?
If you've used some of the free resources and are interested to learn more, reach out to learn about Financial Literacy 101 - a NEW online platform available to FRCC students. This FREE resource will allow you to dive deeper into your own money management through calculators, courses, checklists and goal setting.
For more information about Financial literacy 101 or how to gain an access code, contact Kolby Knupp at Kolby.Knupp@frontrange.edu.