Nursing Application Deadline
Applications into the Westminster Nursing program will be accepted February 27, 2018 – March 24, 2018 for entry starting Fall semester 2018. See admissions requirements and process.
Nurses are special people who combine compassion with competence. They are responsible, detail-oriented people who work in a very fast-paced and changing profession. One thing that hasn't changed in recent years is a grave concern over a shortage of nurses. More new jobs are expected to be created for registered nurses than for any other occupation, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Our mission is to provide excellent education that prepares the learner to become a member of the nursing profession, meeting the needs of diverse populations.
Degrees & Certificates
Our Nursing Program prepares you for a career as a registered nurse. Admission into the program is a precise process. Although we provide you with information on this Web page, we always encourage you to consult the latest catalog for details.
- Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) in Nursing
- LPN-ADN Bridge program is a three semester advanced placement program allowing currently licensed Practical Nurses career mobility to obtain an Associate of Applied Science in Nursing.
- The Nurse Aide certificate qualifies you to take the State Certification Examination to become a CNA. Graduates of our program have a 91 percent pass rate on the state exam.
- Practical Nurse Exit Option: Students may complete the first year of the A.A.S. Nursing Program and NUR 169 to receive a certificate and be eligible to apply to take the Licensed Practical Nurse examination, NCLEX-PN.
- Dual Enrollment Programs
- While taking courses at FRCC toward your A.A.S. in Nursing you can take online courses from Beth-El College of Nursing and Health Sciences at the University of Colorado-Colorado Springs (UCCS) that count toward obtaining a BSN. For more information, visit the UCCS website.
- University of Colorado Denver (UCD) College of Nursing at Anschutz Medical Campus also offers an Online Dual Enrollment Program. Visit the UCD website for current information.
- Information regarding University of Northern Colorado (UNC) Dual Enrollment and RN to BSN Programs is available on the UNC website.
- Metropolitan State University of Denver (MSU Denver) offers both a Dual Enrollment Pathway program, and an RN to BSN completion option.
- More RN to BSN completion programs are available at other colleges and universities, both in Colorado and across the nation.
- RN to BSN: Through our partnership with Metropolitan State University of Denver, students earn a BSN by taking online classes. Learn more.
Nursing Program Information
Nursing Program information sessions provide details on the application process, required prerequisite courses, estimated program costs and wait list information. They are held the second Wednesday of each month at 6:00 p.m. in Room B0353. Find this room on a map. (Note: No meetings are held in July or December, or if the campus is closed.)
Front Range Community College has adopted standards for admission, progression and graduation of all Nursing Program students in clinical courses involving direct client care. Candidates for these degrees must be able to meet these required minimum standards for successful completion of degree requirements.
It is highly recommended you meet with the Allied Health and Nursing Advisor to plan your program of study. Learn more about the nursing program admissions process
The Westminster Campus Nursing Program curriculum organizing framework describes the concepts, beliefs and philosophy upon which the nursing curriculum is organized and developed.
LPN to ADN Bridge Program Information
The LPN to ADN Bridge nursing program is a three semester advanced placement program allowing currently licensed Practical Nurses career mobility to obtain an Associate of Applied Science in Nursing. Upon successful completion of the LPN to ADN Bridge program, students are eligible to take the NCLEX-RN exam to become a Registered Nurse (RN).
Applications for the LPN to ADN Bridge Program are accepted once a year. Applications accepted January 27, 2017 through February 17, 2017 for Fall 2017 or Spring 2018 admission. Learn more about the LPN-ADN admissions process.
Nurse Aide Program Information
Students interested in the Nurse Aide program must attend an information session to obtain an application packet. Learn more about the Nurse Aide Program admission requirements.
The Westminster Campus Nursing Program has continuing full approval from the Colorado State Board of Nursing. The Westminster Campus is also accredited by the Accreditation Commission For Education in Nursing, Inc. (ACEN).
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc.
3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 500
Atlanta, GA 30326
|NCLEX Pass Rate
Spring '16 & Fall '16 graduates
|82% of graduates passed NCLEX on their first attempt.
Spring '14 & Fall '14 Entry Cohorts
|80% graduated within 6 semesters of beginning the nursing program.
Fall '15 & Spring '16 Graduates
|85% of graduates returning the survey are employed in nursing within 6 to 12 months of graduation.
55% are continuing their education.
Fall '15 & Spring '16 Graduates
|100% of graduates returning the survey reported that the Westminster Nursing Program met their educational goals.