Program Admissions Process
The LPN to ADN Bridge nursing program at the Westminster Campus is a three semester advanced placement program allowing currently licensed Practical Nurses career mobility to obtain an Associate of Applied Science in Nursing. Upon successful completion of the LPN to ADN Bridge program, students are eligible to take the NCLEX-RN exam to become a Registered Nurse (RN). There are additional options to obtain your Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) concurrently or immediately following the ADN program.
Applications for the LPN to ADN Bridge Program are accepted once a year. Applications will be accepted January 26, 2018 through February 16, 2018 for Fall 2018 or Spring 2019 admission.
Important to Know:
Admission into the LPN to ADN Bridge Program uses an application process.View the admissions ranking criteria.
- Applicants must meet the minimum admission requirements detailed below and apply during the specified application period.
- Applications will be accepted once a year. The top 12 scoring individuals will be conditionally accepted to begin the LPN-ADN Bridge program either Fall 2018 or Spring 2019. Six applicants will be randomly assigned to begin Fall 2018 and six applicants will be randomly assigned to begin Spring 2018. Six additional applicants, beginning with the next highest scoring individuals will be identified as alternates in random order.
- Students who are accepted must successfully complete NUR 189 Transition from LPN-ADN which is offered at the Westminster Campus during the 2018 summer session. A mandatory orientation session will be held in May 2018. Admission is also dependent upon passing a background check and urine drug test.
- If it has been longer than 10 years since graduation from your PN program additional testing is required prior to application.
- Any student who has failed two nursing courses or is otherwise ineligible to return to any FRCC nursing program is ineligible to apply.
- Incomplete applications will not be processed nor will the Westminster Campus Nursing Department accept any additional materials after the posted deadline.
Steps to Apply:
1. Apply to FRCC
2. Complete the following prerequisite coursework with a letter grade of “C” or higher:
- ENG 121 English Composition I
- PSY 235 Human Growth and Development
- HPR 108 Dietary Nutrition (1 credit) - or - HWE 100 Human Nutrition (3 credits) recommended if pursuing a BSN.
- BIO 201 Human Anatomy & Physiology I*
- BIO 202 Human Anatomy & Physiology II*
- BIO 204 Microbiology*
- BIO 216 Pathophysiology
- MAT 103 Math for Clinical Calculations or higher MAT course
- Approved guaranteed transfer elective from Social/Behavioral Sciences OR Humanities
*All science courses must have been completed within 7 years of entry into the nursing program.
A minimum GPA of 2.75 in these nine courses is required. No prerequisite coursework may be in progress at the time of application.
If any prerequisite coursework was taken outside of the FRCC system, you must have your transcripts officially evaluated through the FRCC Admissions & Records Department. All prerequisites must be transferred to your FRCC transcript before applying. Evaluations take up to 30 days to complete after Admissions & Records receives the official transcript and the Transfer Credit Evaluation Form. To be considered official, transcripts may not be issued to the student. Transcripts must be mailed directly from the previous college to the FRCC Admissions & Records department.
3. Take HESI A-2 Entrance Exam.
- The subject areas are: English Language (Reading Comprehension, Vocabulary and General Knowledge, Grammar), and Math.
- You must have a minimum cumulative score of 70% on the HESI to apply to the FRCC Westminster LPN to ADN Bridge program.
- The Learner Profile ID (learning style and personality profile) is also required but will not be considered in scoring your application.
- The exam may only be taken twice in 365 days and is offered at the Testing Center at the FRCC Westminster Campus and Prometric Testing Centers. Learn more about taking the HESI exam.
- A maternal/child/pediatrics exa score will be used as a tie breaker for individuals who receive the same total score. Details available by email. Request from email@example.com.
4. Health Care Certifications/Licenses.
- You must have a current, unencumbered Colorado LPN License, and a copy is required at application. If you have employment hours working as an LPN, points will be given with completion of the employment verification letter. Complete and submit this letter with your application.
5. Complete the online LPN-ADN program application.
- Only complete applications will be considered.
- Applications will be accepted January 26, 2018 through February 16, 2018 for Fall 2018 or Spring 2019 admission.
You will need to upload electronic copies of the following documentation with your application:
- Unofficial FRCC Transcript (no other transcripts will be accepted)
- HESI A-2 Summary Page
- Employment verification letter of work as a LPN
- LPN license
Retain a copy of your application and all documentation for your records. You will be notified of your placement status via your student email (@student.cccs.edu) within 14 days after the deadline.