- Applications for Spring 2015 Admission: Closed
- Applications for Fall 2015 Admission: Accepted February 16 - March 27, 2015
- Learn more.
The profession of nursing encompasses both science and art. Academic knowledge gained from the biological, social, and behavioral sciences provides the foundation, while clinical experience helps to develop skills. The art of nursing is to commit to care competently for others, accepting the legal, ethical, and moral responsibility inherent in the job.
The Larimer Campus Nursing Department offers a curriculum designed to meet the needs of a rapidly evolving health care delivery system. Clinical placements in settings such as Poudre Valley Hospital, McKee Medical Center, North Colorado Medical Center, and Medical Center of the Rockies provide students state-of-the-art acute care experience in a variety of diverse settings such as long-term care, home health, and community agencies.
The Nursing Department offers an Associate of Applied Science in Nursing and two pathways programs. Click below to see the course requirements for each. Many classes transfer to another college or university . Visit an advisor for more information.
- Nursing A.A.S.
- Practical Nurse Exit Option – Students may complete the first year of the A.A.S. Nursing program and NUR 169 to receive a certificate and be eligible to apply to take the LPN Licensure Examination, NCLEX®PN.
Nursing applications for spring 2015 entry will be accepted through August 15, 2014. All prerequisites must be completed by the end of the summer 2014 semester. Learn more.
Dual Enrollment Programs
Current FRCC Nursing students have two choices for dual enrollment programs.
- While finishing the required prerequisite courses at FRCC for an A.A.S. in Nursing, you can take certain BSN elective courses at Metropolitan State University of Denver. Once you complete the A.A.S. at FRCC you transition to MSU Denver to complete your coursework and earn a BSN degree. Learn more.
- While taking courses at FRCC toward your A.A.S. in Nursing you can take online courses from Beth-El College of Nursing and Health Sciences at the University of Colorado-Colorado Springs (UCCS) that count toward obtaining a BSN. For more information, visit the UCCS nursing website.
Attendance at an information session is highly recommended for the FRCC/Larimer Campus Nursing Program. Information provided includes prerequisite courses, admission and registration processes, costs and financial aid, program philosophy, course schedules, and articulation with four-year nursing programs. No registration is required, just drop in.
||Nursing information sessions are held on the second Monday of each month
||5:00 to 6:00 p.m.
||Blanca Peak Building, Room 126. See building map.
Students with Disabilities
Reasonable accommodations are provided, upon request, for persons with documented disabilities. If you are a person with a disability who requires an accommodation to participate in this program, please notify the Office of Disability Services .
The Larimer Campus Nursing Program has continuing full approval from the Colorado State Board of Nursing. The Larimer Campus is also accredited by the Accreditation Commission For Education in Nursing, Inc. (ACEN).
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc.
3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 500
Atlanta, GA 30326