FRCC administers the GED exam at the Westminster and Boulder County campuses.
Who Can Take the GED
The Colorado GED Test is for candidates 17 years of age and older who have never been awarded a high school diploma or an equivalency diploma. 16-year-olds may apply for an age waiver to take the exam. You must be a Colorado resident with a Colorado mailing addresses, and must not be currently enrolled in high school.
Prepare to take the GED
Courses & Practice Tests
- Payment is made online during the registration process
- $37.50 for one section
- $150 for all four sections
- Retest costs
- If you fail a section, the retest cost is $17.50
- If you want to retest for a higher score, the cost is $37.50 per retest
- Visit www.ged.com for a list of acceptable IDs to present on test day.
GED Test Subjects
The GED consists of a battery of five tests, given in four sections. All tests must be taken to earn your GED. The four sections of the 2014 GED are:
- Math – 90 minutes
- Reasoning through Language Arts (RLA) – 150 minutes
- There are three sections in the RLA test
- There is a 10 minute break after the second section of the RLA test
- Social Studies – 90 minutes
- Science – 90 minutes
- Passing score is 150-169 for each subject
- Total score of 600 or higher across all four sections is required to earn your GED
- “Honors” score is 170-200 on any subject
Reasonable accommodations will be provided for persons with documented disabilities, upon request.