Earn Your High School Diploma
The Gateway to College Network is part of the Early College High School Initiative funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. In this program you will earn your high school diploma and college credits too. The program covers tuition and books for up to 12 credits per semester, while students pay their student fees. Students must meet all program requirements to continue participating in the program. All classes are held at the Westminster Campus of Front Range Community College.
You are eligible for Gateway to College if you are:
- Between 16 and 20 years old
- A high school dropout from Adams 1, Adams 12, Adams 50, Adams 14, Brighton 27J or Jeffco Public Schools
- A student who is about to drop out of high school
- A student who has fallen far behind in school and does not have the amount of credits you should for your grade level
- Able to complete requirements to receive a high school diploma by your 21st birthday
- Reading English at the 8th grade level or higher
You are encouraged to invite your parent/guardian and any other supportive adult to join you at an information session. Reservations are required to attend any of the information sessions.
At the information session you will:
- Receive detailed information on the Gateway to College program, and the expectations and benefits of the program.
- Have your application materials reviewed to make sure you meet all basic eligibility requirements.
- Meet the program staff and discuss why you are interested in this program.
- Take a preliminary reading level test.