Fall 2014 New Student Orientation
August 12 through August 14
Students, it's time to sign up for New Student Orientation. Coming to NSO is an expectation for all incoming FRCC students, and we have a great set of programs to support your transition to our campus. And if that wasn't enough, attending NSO can earn you a 3-credit scholarship to FRCC!
You'll have a number of different NSO program options: You basically get to build a customized NSO schedule based on your needs and time commitment. When you click the link below to submit your RSVP form, you'll see a couple things:
- Primary NSO Session: What does it mean to be an FRCC student? Here, you'll learn about important topics like expectations in the classroom from faculty, ways to ignite your passions and get involved, current student leader experiences, and more! Students are expected to sign up for one Primary NSO Session.
- Education Sessions: What campus resources are here to support you? Each session represents a resource on campus dedicated to your success as an FRCC student. This is a great way to learn more about what campus has to offer you. Education sessions are located directly before or after Primary NSO Sessions, so you don't have to worry about overlapping times.
- Campus Tours: Where are your classes going to be held? Print out your class schedule in the Student Center before your tour, and then join a campus tour to learn your way around our buildings. You'll also see where those great student support resources are located!
Veterans Student Briefing
The Veterans Services department and Student Life are excited about serving you and aiding you in your transition from the military to academia. The Veterans Student Briefing for Larimer Campus will be held on Friday, August 15th from 4:00-6:00pm and will be followed by a catered BBQ.
At this briefing, you will be welcomed by campus leadership, learn about student engagement/leadership opportunities, get connected to community resources that serve veterans, learn more about VA education benefits, and be taught strategies that will help you transition from your branch of service and into the classroom. Veterans are permitted to bring their families to the event, but space is limited so please RVSP today!
Students who attend the Veterans Student Briefing are not expected to attend the New Student Orientation sessions on August 12 - 14 (but are welcome to attend!)
New Student Orientation Details
All orientation sessions are held at the Larimer Campus and begin in the Longs Peak Student Center. Parking is free on campus. See Map
Helping You Succeed
FRCC provides many programs, services, and resources to help you reach your goals and succeed. As a new student, you might not know how to find them. Orientation is a great way to learn about the opportunities available to you as an FRCC student. Research shows that students who attend orientation are better prepared for success and feel more connected to their college. Orientation is designed to provide information for students as they start the semester. We recommend that students complete all steps to enrollment before orientation. If you haven't got your student ID or books yet, it’s a good idea to do so before or after orientation.
Over the course of New Student Orientation, you will be able to:
- Learn about FRCC in a fun and relaxed environment
- Meet faculty, staff, and fellow students
- Participate in workshops on college success
- Receive direct help with things like changes to your course schedule or your financial aid
Orientation for Family
We know your support system is important to you and it's important to us too. We even have a special workshop for parents, family members, and other guests to help them support you throughout your college experience.
Orientation is designed to provide information for students as they start the semester. We recommend that students complete all steps to enrollment before orientation. If you haven't got your student ID or books yet, it’s a good idea to do so before or after orientation.
If you have any questions about the Larimer Campus New Student Orientation, please contact the program coordinator, Nate Wiley, at Nate.Wiley@frontrange.edu