Our honors program provides a stimulating environment where highly motivated students and faculty work together to achieve rigorous academic goals. The Honors Program was created to better serve our highly motivated, intellectually talented, academically well prepared, and/or creative students. Students that take part in honors courses are challenged to develop their full potential through a variety of educational activities, by working with a select group of dedicated faculty, and by interacting with other highly motivated and gifted students.
Take Select Embedded Honors Courses
Embedded honors courses are regular course sections in which you can complete an additional honors project and receive an honors designation on your transcript for that course. For this option, you must successfully complete your regular coursework at an A or B level and the additional honors level projects to receive the designation. A variety of courses can be taken for honors credit each semester, and there is no formal application process for these courses. Faculty will introduce the honors project option in the course during the first few weeks of the semester. See current embedded honors course list.
Honors Program Completion
Meet the program requirements to receive a designation of "Honors Program Completed" on your FRCC transcript:
Graduating students that complete the program will be recognized at graduation.
The honors program aims to meet the following goals:
- To provide an opportunity for academically gifted students who show academic promise, intellectual energy, and motivation
- To attract and retain students eager to develop outstanding academic skills
- To further academic and professional growth within the institution as a whole
- To attract and retain outstanding faculty by providing opportunities for stimulating teaching experiences
- To foster greater depth of thought in reading, writing, and discussion with faculty that will better prepare honor’s students to complete bachelor’s degrees or to begin careers