A sound understanding of the graphic language for engineering drawings, known as GD&T, is critical for anyone who is creating or revising drawings and for anyone who is using those drawings to quote on, manufacture, or inspect products. This course utilizes the ASME Y14.5-2009 standard to which most recent drawings have been made. Changes made in the 2018 revision of the standard, released in 2019, will also be explained.
- Understand the benefits of GD&T over coordinate dimensioning and tolerancing
- Understand the myths and misconceptions about GD&T
- Learn how to speak the language of GD&T correctly
- Ensure specifying, manufacturing, and inspecting products to the maximum allowable tolerances and lowest manufacturing cost
This class focuses on understanding the operation of actual fluid power equipment used in participant’s workplaces. It includes detailed discussion of the basic components, relating the equipment schematics to the actual equipment, and understanding how the various components work together.
- Learn about fluid properties:
- Understand how the following all play a role in fluid power equipment:
- hydraulic systems
- pneumatic systems
Course can be customized from fundamentals level, intermediate, or all the way to advanced use of mill and lathe machines—manual and CNC. Course designed to machine for safety, produce high-quality parts and decrease incidence of catastrophic failures. Covers different types of machining methods, required tools, and technical mechanical operation of machines.
- Milling machine set-up
- Lathe set-up
- Speeds and feeds
- G&M codes (these codes control the functions of CNC machines)
- Production processes
- Process controls
- Manufacturing documentation
This course presents various types of prints, drawings, and schematics used in manufacturing, construction and industry. Participants will learn why drawings are needed, uses of drawings, and standard drawing information.
- Understand and interpret dimensional drawings
- Understand and interpret schematics
- Use the border system to locate key parts or components in a drawing
- Understand and interpret an exploded view drawing
- Discuss each of the four basic drawings used to convey information
- Single-line drawing
- Pictorial diagram
- Schematic diagram
- Ladder diagram
Course covers predictive maintenance, specifically vibration analysis, in rotating equipment. This course will provide you with the knowledge to drive maintenance of rotating equipment contributing to better machine life and reduced operational and maintenance costs.
- Gain knowledge about predictive maintenance with a focus on vibration analysis
- Increase skill to accurately predict time and extent of maintenance through various methods including vibration analysis
- Understand advanced concepts and techniques to conduct predictive maintenance, including those for vibration analysis
- Understand how to interpret analysis results accurately
- Gain awareness to prevent occupational hazards
- Learn how to conduct maintenance and inspections
This course is designed to provide skills in understanding a wide variety of mechanical power transmission devices and systems. Special emphasis is placed on different types of coupling devices including rigid and flexible coupling devices. Different alignment methods are discussed including manual, dial indicator and laser alignment.
- Gain a more in-depth understanding of mechanical power transmission systems
- Develop troubleshooting skills at device and system level
- Understand proper system operations and preventive maintenance
- Learn and apply techniques for manual, dial indicator and laser alignment