The Boulder County Campus Writing Center is available to help any FRCC students with any writing at any stage.
- Any FRCC student can sign up for up to two 30-minute sessions every week.
- Students can get help with any writing. This includes any personal, professional, or academic writing, including resumes, cover letters, four-year school transfer essays, presentations, poetry, fiction, nonfiction, class papers, speeches, scripts, summaries, emails, and annotated bibliographies. We also help with citation styles, such as APA, Chicago, and MLA.
- The Writing Center can help with writing at any stage. Common topics include brainstorming, developing ideas, organizing and drafting, researching, documenting sources, revising, and using correct grammar and punctuation. No matter where you are in the writing process (even if you haven’t yet started) the Writing Center has got you covered.
Schedule a Writing Center Appointment
In-person BCC Writing Center Appointments are now scheduled online.
- Schedule Appointment
- Read our booking policies and select ‘Okay’.
- Select ‘Writing Center 30 Minutes’ (in the middle of the screen).
- Choose a date from the calendar, then select a time to the right of the calendar.
- Enter your name, email, and student number. Include relevant class, if no class, enter N/A.
- Verify ‘Yes, send me an email reminder’ is checked.
- Select 'Book'.
Your appointment is scheduled and you will receive a confirmation email.
For help, call the Academic Success Center at 303-678-3900 or email Harris Armstrong.
Cancel or Reschedule Appointment
Refer to the confirmation email for links to cancel or reschedule your appointment.
Online Writing Lab
The Online Writing (OWL) is a service available to all FRCC students. Writing assistance is available via both synchronous OWL LIVE! video meetings and asynchronous writing feedback within 24-48 hours of submission.
Learn more about the Online Writing Lab (OWL) and OWL LIVE!
Here we have gathered some reliable resources to help you with common problems students face when writing academic essays. Feel free to consult these along with resources from your instructor. Copies of all the handouts are available in the Writing Center.
Writing Center FAQs