Colleen Simpson, EdD
Dr. Colleen Simpson takes the helm as FRCC's president on August 1, 2022. Her decades of higher education experience have included work in enrollment management, student affairs, academic affairs, teaching and leadership.
Most recently, she served as the vice president of student services and regional learning centers at Northeast Wisconsin Technical College. In that role, she oversaw multiple campuses and five regional learning centers—with a focus on:
- leading academic innovation
- designing “student-ready” experiences
- addressing the educational, economic and workforce development needs of the region
Prior to that role, Simpson worked at Bronx Community College—part of the City University of New York (CUNY)—as the administrator overseeing retention and student success. There she led and managed a comprehensive program of services that:
- promoted access to education
- kept students engaged and in college
- helped students complete their degree or credential
Dr. Simpson earned her doctoral degree (EdD) in educational leadership, administration and policy from Fordham University. She earned both her master's degree (MSEd) in higher education administration and her bachelor's degree (BBA) in international marketing from Baruch College (also part of the CUNY system).