Tutoring at the Boulder Student Success Center
Students who are enrolled in a credit class at the Boulder County campus or an FRCC Online class and are receiving a grade of 79% or less are eligible for one hour of free weekly individual tutoring in two subjects.
Students must visit or call the tutoring office to set up weekly tutoring sessions. Scheduling will be followed by an email confirmation to the student’s FRCC email address.
- All tutoring takes place on the Boulder County campus.
- Students who miss or cancel two tutoring appointments may be dropped from tutoring for the rest of the semester.
- Tutors do not do homework for students. They are facilitators of student learning. Students should be prepared with goals and questions for each tutoring session. If students come to sessions unprepared, they risk being dropped from tutoring.
- Students must request a tutor at least three weeks before the end of the semester, which is the 12th week of the fall or spring semester, or the 7th week of the summer session.
Foundational Skills Tutoring
Any FRCC-BCC student enrolled in a for-credit course may request a Study Skills Tutor and/or Basic Computer Skills tutor.
- Study skills tutoring covers areas such as note taking, time management, organization, and test preparation.
- Basic Computer Skills cover the Microsoft Windows environment on a PC and are for students new to computers or have very limited computer experience. Skills such as navigating the desktop, document management, attaching documents to emails, are covered.
- Students requesting Foundational Skills tutoring are usually scheduled for between four to six weekly one-hour sessions. There is no grade requirement to request Foundational Skills Tutoring.
How to Schedule a Tutor
Complete the Form
All forms are available in the lobby of the Academic Success Center.
Meet with Tutor Coordinator
Once you complete the Tutor Request Form, meet with the Tutor Coordinator or Assistant.
- If neither are available, inquire at the front desk of the Student Success Center.
- Please check the Tutoring Office window or the main desk of the Student Success Center for office hours.
- If you cannot be on campus during office hours, drop off the completed form at the main desk in the Student Success Center, and then call the tutoring office during office hours to schedule tutoring sessions.
Drop-in tutoring is available for selected subjects. Please call or visit the Student Success Center main desk for details.
Study Group Tutoring
Student groups of 3-5 students in the same course and section may form a study group and meet with a tutor in the Student Success Center.
- Groups will meet for an hour once a week.
- There is no grade requirement to join a study group.
- The Study Group Tutoring Request Form can be obtained in the Academic Success Center.
- Students are expected to attend every meeting. If the group falls below three students attending regularly, then it will be dissolved.
- For further information, contact the Academic Success Center at (303) 678-3900. Individual tutoring for students earning an 82% or less will continue to be available.
In addition to tutoring, the Boulder Student Success Center offers a Math Lab, Writing Center, academic success coaching, and more.