What is the TRIO Upward Bound Program?
The Front Range Community College TRIO Upward Bound (UB) Program is a supportive learning community to empower Westminster High School students and their families with navigating college and career pathways. TRIO UB is sponsored by the U.S. Department of Education and serves sixty students annually. Participants are expected to engage with program staff and activities throughout the academic year and summer. Active participants in good standing are eligible to receive an annual stipend for investing in their personal and professional growth.
The Benefits of TRIO UB
- Academic support and individualized coaching with college counselors, instructors, and mentors
- Supplemental academic, cultural, enrichment & college readiness experiences
- Earn a stipend for investing in your personal and professional growth
- Exposure to college and career pathways and programs
- College campus and career industry tours
- Expanded financial decision-making skills
- Build and expand social networks
What to Expect From TRIO UB