Dream it. Believe it. Achieve it.
TRIO Student Support Services (TRIO SSS) is a federally funded program designed to provide a community of support to students who have limited income, are first-generation college students and/or students have documented disabilities. We provide services that promote academic, personal and professional growth, as well as assistance navigating financial aid and financial literacy.
As a TRIO SSS participant, you are part of a campus community where you feel encouraged, respected and supported throughout your educational journey at the FRCC Westminster Campus.
Who Can Apply for TRIO SSS
You can apply to TRIO if:
- You are a student at the FRCC Westminster Campus or Brighton Center
- You are a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- You meet at least one of the following criteria:
- You can commit to the 3-2-1 each fall and spring semester
- 3 meetings with you TRIO SSS counselor
- Attend 2 TRIO Student Success workshops of your choice
- 1 meeting with your Peer Mentor
- Desire to graduate with a certificate or 30 credits or more, an associate degree and/or transfer to a four-year institution.
How to Apply
- Eligible students can complete the online application.
- Once you submit our application, you will be invited to participate in a short interview with TRIO SSS staff
TRIO SSS Westminster Campus can serve 140 students per academic year and is currently accepting applications.
What You Can Expect from TRIO SSS
TRIO participants will develop in meaningful ways as you are empowered to grow personally, academically, and professionally through community involvement, small group learning and individualized coaching. Students receive services tailored to your needs that will include but are not limited to:
How to Access TRIO SSS Services
In order to be compliant with the social distancing recommendations in mitigating the community spread of the Coronavirus, TRIO Student Support Services has taken several steps to maintain student support and engagement opportunities remotely.
- All TRIO coaching and peer mentor appointments will be done over the phone or through WebEx. You can schedule your appointment by calling (303) 404-5176 or by emailing your coach/peer mentor.
- In-person workshops have been canceled, however, you can still complete your requirement through our online workshops. Your financial literacy requirement can be completed through Financial 101.
If you need to connect with us, please use our emails located on the Contact Us link to the right or email TRIOSSS@frontrange.edu if you are unsure of which staff member to contact. We will have someone connect with you as soon as we can.
We will also be sharing updates for our current students on Desire 2 Learn (D2L) and through our TRIO Trailblazer Newsletters.
Visit FRCC COVID-19 Updates for more information.