How to Register for the HESI-A2
Signing up for the HESI-A2 can be confusing, follow this guide to help get you through it.
Step 1: Set up an account with Elsevier
- Select “I’m a Student” in the lower left side of the page.
- At the bottom right corner of the next screen, select “Register for Distance Testing.
- On the next page, click on the “Register” button.
- Ignore the “Promotion Code” box.
- Click “Checkout/Redeem.
- On the next screen, you will fill out your personal information to create your student account on Evolve.
- If you have already created an account, click on the “Sign In” link in the upper right corner of the page.
- If you are a new user creating an account for the first time, it will ask you about your institution.
- Once you select the country (United States) and state (Colorado), it will ask for the city. This is the city where the institution is located, so you will enter “Fort Collins" (You will still be able to take this exam at any of the four FRCC testing centers).
The next field is the name of the institution. When you start typing “Front Range”, it brings up schools matching the first few letters. Be sure to select the one that says “FRONT RANGE CMTY CLG-LARIMER” (You will still be able to take this exam at any of the four FRCC testing centers).
- For Program Type, select “Nursing-Associate Degree” from the drop-down menu.
- For Graduation Year, you can select an estimated year of graduation or leave it blank.
- Click “Continue.
- The next screen look similar with a yellow confirmation box indicating you registered for the HESI.
Step 2: Pay Elsevier for the exam
- Your next step is to pay Elsevier for the HESI exam. To get to the page where you make payment, click on the heading, “My Evolve,” located at the top of the page.
- When your “My Evolve” page comes up, you will see an icon for the HESI Assessment.
- Click on “Student Access”
- On the next page, scroll down through all of the Terms & Conditions. Click the button that says, “I Agree.”
- On the next page, you will see five tabs across the top of the page. DO NOT click on the “Distance Testing” tab!
- Click on the “Payments” tab, second from the left.
- If this is the first time taking the exam, enter 24285 in the “PaymentID” field.
- If you have already taken the exam once (registered and tested with the payment code of 24285), enter 24286 in the "PaymentID" field for a one time retest. Do Not use code 24286 unless you have already paid for and taken the exam with code 24285.
- Finally, enter your billing information on this screen!
- IGNORE the “Payment Due By” date. It will NOT affect your ability to purchase the exam!
Step 3: Schedule an appointment to take your exam
Once you have registered and purchased your HESI A2 exam, you are ready to schedule a testing center appointment (at any campus). There is a $35.00 proctor fee (+ a small fee to RegisterBlast) to set up the appointment.
Boulder County Campus Testing Center
Larimer Campus Testing Center
Westminster Campus Testing Center
At your appointment, bring your username/password from Elsevier (HESI) Also, bring a government issued photo ID: Driver’s license, passport, school ID, state ID, etc.
View/Print How to Register for the Hesi Exam