All nursing and surgical technology applicants are required to take the Elsevier HESI A-2 entrance exam.
You may take the HESI exam at the Westminster Campus Testing Center or at a Prometric Testing Center.
How to Register
Please complete your HESI-A-2 Exam within one month of registering and paying for the exam.
1. Go to the Elsevier website and create an account.
2. Register to take the test.
- To register to take the test at the FRCC Westminster Campus Testing Center, email us.
- To register to take the test at a Prometric Testing Center, use the Prometric instructions.
3. Print your registration confirmation.
How to Pay
Two separate payments are needed for the HESI-A-2 Exam. One is made online, the other is made at the Testing Center.
1. Pay online
- Follow the instructions above to pay for the test online.
- Bring a copy of your registration with you to the Testing Center.
2. Pay proctor
- A $25.00 proctor fee is charged at the testing center, on the day of the test.
- Cash, charge, or debit cards are accepted. No checks.
Students who need accommodations should contact the Office of Disability Services
On the day of your test, follow testing center policies.
FRCC Testing Centers
View policies for FRCC Testing Centers.
Prometric Testing Centers
View policies for Prometric testing centers.
HESI A-2 exam results are required for the Nursing program application process.
- Allow seven business days to complete the testing process.
- You will be notified of your score through your Elsevier account within 72 hours of taking the exam. Check your account with them for your information.
- Test scores are valid for one year.
- The overall score of the English Language and Math Exam is considered. The optional A&P Science Exam may be taken for additional points awarded during the application process.
- The Learner Profile is used for advising purposes and does not affect admission.
- Nursing program application deadlines change every semester. For current information, visit the Westminster Campus nursing department page.
Candidates may take this test up to two times every year for Westminster Campus Nursing Program admission only. Be aware that considerable additional preparation would be required between exams to result in a significant score change.