HAZWOPER, Emergency Responder, Incident Commander
About the Program
This course is designed to meet the requirements for Level 5 Incident Commander under the OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120 section Q. Course includes lectures, exercises and field work. Topics include all listed under the 24-Hour Technician course plus FEMA Incident Commander courses ICS 100 and ICS 200.
This class requires the 8-Hour Operations training as a prerequisite. Learn more about that course here.
- Potential incident outcomes
- Risk assessment
- Hazardous substance identification
- Decontamination procedures
- Appropriate communications and additional resources
- Implement employer’s incident command system
- Implement employer’s emergency response plan
- Implement local emergency response plan
- Understand the state emergency response plan and
- How to access the Federal Regional Response Team