This course introduces participants to welding equipment, its set-up, operation, and application using one or more of the following processes: Stick (SMAW), MIG (Metal Inert Gas) or TIG (Tungsten Inert Gas).
- Understand welding process
- Identify typical uses in workplace
- Become knowledgeable with safety associated to welding
Course is designed to improve the participants’ basic knowledge of welding in the specific area or areas that are covered in the introductory course(s), and expand and build on these skills.
- Increases welding techniques
- Develops skills with
- Blueprint reading
- Isometric drawings
- Material preparations
- Application/process recommendations
- Layout and fabrication
- Weld joint configurations
This class covers areas related to advanced processes and techniques. It is recommended for participants who have considerable welding experience or who have completed the intermediate welding class.
- Become prepared to operate in maintenance and manufacturing environment
- Gain proficiency to complete company standard certification
- Learn how to weld with exotic metals