All students must apply for graduation to receive their degree or certificate.
Follow these steps to get ready to graduate from Front Range Community College:
Step 1: Confirm Your Credits
- To avoid surprises, use DegreeCheck every semester and at least one semester before you plan to graduate to make sure you have all the credits you need. You’ll find it in eWOLF on the Student Dashboard. Read the instructions there, and see your advisor with questions.
- To have credits from another school applied to your FRCC degree program, before the graduation deadline of the semester you plan to graduate:
- Complete the online Transfer Credit Evaluation Request form.
- Ask the other school to mail or email your official transcript directly to FRCC (no hand deliveries). You will need to request an individual transcript from each school.
If you have received credit for prior learning, you also need to turn in the approval forms by the graduation application deadline.
Step 2: Apply for Graduation
To make sure your application is processed:
Submit it before the Add/Drop deadline of the semester you plan to graduate.
Check that the name you ask us to print on your diploma matches your college records. (To update your records, fill out a demographic change form.) Also make sure your address is correct.
Make sure the certificate or degree program you enter on your application matches your declared major. (To see your declared major, log in to eWOLF.)
Complete a separate application for each certificate or degree you’ll earn.
Once final grades are posted, we will begin reviewing and awarding all degrees and certificates. Watch your unofficial transcript (in eWOLF) to confirm your degree or certificate has been awarded. Once you confirm your award, you can order a transcript to be sent to another school or given to an employer. It can take up to six weeks after the end of the semester for awards to be posted.
Diplomas and certificates will be mailed six to eight weeks after the semester ends.
Step 3: Attend Commencement (Optional)
The commencement ceremony is your time to celebrate your accomplishment! You’ll wear a cap and gown, walk alongside your classmates, accept your degree or certificate, and move the tassel on your cap from right to left.
- Commencement happens every May and includes students that are graduating during the current spring semester, or who have graduated during the previous summer or fall semesters.
- Watch your student email account for commencement ceremony information around the first week of April. We send information to all students who have submitted a graduation application (only sent during the spring semester for all graduating students).
See the commencement details for your campus: