Update for Spring Commencement 2021
We know you're eager to understand FRCC's plans for our 2021 graduations. The college will be watching the COVID-19 situation in our communities very closely as the spring semester proceeds. We want to make sure whatever we plan will be safe for everyone - and any decisions will follow the latest local public health orders. The information on this page will be updated as soon as we have more details. We appreciate your patience and look forward to celebrating your achievements with you.
Commencement Booklet 2019-2020*
*Spring semester: In order to have your name in the Commencement booklet, your graduation application must have been received by March 1. Although we strive for accuracy, errors do occur. We apologize for any errors or omissions. Because of printing deadlines, the names included in this program were submitted for publication before all graduation requirements could be verified. Therefore, inclusion in this program cannot, in itself, be considered proof that a degree or certificate was actually awarded.
Spring 2020 Commencement Messages
President Dorsey's message to FRCC Graduates:
See Chancellor Garcia's message to FRCC Graduates below.
Caps, Gowns, & Tassels
If you are participating in commencement, you will need to wear a traditional cap and gown, which you can buy from the campus bookstore.
If you are a member of Phi Theta Kappa, you can order a gold tassel from the PTK website. You may email Andy DeRoche with questions.
When You Arrive
Students need to check in and line up before the ceremony. Ushers will tell you where to go. You will receive a name card when you check in. Keep that card with you and hand it to the narrator during the presentation of the graduates.
GradImages will take photos during the ceremony. If you want to view or order the images, fill out the form on the back of your name card before handing it to the announcer during the ceremony. The company will contact you with proofs and ordering instructions three to five days after graduation.
Guests are also welcome to bring their own cameras. When posting to social media, make sure to tag your photos #FRCCGrad to share them with the rest of your graduating class.
Guests, Parking, & Seating
There is no limit to how many guests can attend the ceremony. Tickets are not required.
- Parking is free, but limited.
- Please plan to arrive early. Guests will not be permitted to enter the auditorium during the Commencement procession, and will have to wait until all graduates are seated to enter if they are late.
- The Vance Brand Auditorium is handicap accessible, and limited handicap parking is available in the main parking lot.
- American Sign Language interpreters will be signing from the stage during the ceremony.
- For guests needing wheelchair seating, accessible seating areas are provided; but it is not guaranteed to seat your entire guest party together.
- Please note in your RSVP comments section, if any accommodations will be necessary. Or, you may contact Harris Armstrong at (303) 678-3901.
During the ceremony, please leave your personal belongings with your guests.
- Do not leave anything in the Graduate room; we cannot guarantee it will be secure.
- Front Range Community College, Vance Brand Auditorium, and the St. Vrain Valley School District will not be responsible for missing or stolen belongings.
After the Ceremony
Graduates can connect with their guests, faculty and staff after the ceremony in the reception area, and all are invited to join us for a small reception to celebrate the graduates.
2019 Commencement Ceremony
View the full-length video.
View highlights of student speakers.