2019 Commencement Ceremony
Caps, Gowns, and Tassels
If you’re participating in commencement, you’ll need to wear a traditional cap and gown, which you can buy from the campus bookstore. We also recommend comfortable shoes.
Honor cords will be available for students who hold a 4.0 cumulative GPA.
Order graduation announcements at the Campus Store.
Guests, Parking, Seating, and Concessions
- There is no limit for the number of guests that can attend the ceremony.
- Tickets are not required for guests and parking is free.
- Concession stands will be open.
- The Campus Store will be on site selling graduation memorabilia.
- Please note that the arena seating does not provide space for strollers and the 1STBANK Center does not allow balloons.
When You Arrive
Students need to check in and line up before the ceremony.
- Ushers will tell you where to go.
- Please check in no later than 6:45 p.m. to be sure to be in line for the processional.
- You will receive a name card when you check in. Keep that card with you and hand it to the narrator during the presentation of the graduates.
- The 1st Bank Center is handicap accessible, and handicap parking is available in the north parking lot.
- Sign language interpreters will be signing during the ceremony.
- For guests who need wheelchair seating, accessible seating areas will be provided. To accommodate all guests, we must limit parties to no more than four (chair user plus three family members/friends.)
- If you need anything else, please contact Catherine Osmundson at least three days before the ceremony at (303) 404-5602.
Please leave your things with your guests before you line up for the procession. You will need your hands free for the processional and you shouldn’t leave your things where they could be lost or stolen.
GradImages will take photos during the ceremony.
- Fill out the form on the back of your name card before handing it to the announcer during the ceremony.
- GradImages will contact you with proofs and ordering instructions three to five days after graduation.
- Guests are also welcome to bring their own cameras.
- When posting to social media, make sure to tag your photos #FRCCGrad.
- A video of the ceremony will be posted on YouTube.
After the Ceremony
The ceremony usually ends around 9:00 p.m. Graduates and guests will connect outside the north doors of the event center after the ceremony.