Work Study and Student Employment

What is Work Study?

Work study provides the opportunity to earn a portion of your financial aid assistance by working part-time, either on-campus or with participating community-based partners off-campus.  Students can work a maximum of 20 hours per week when classes are in session and are paid on a bi-weekly basis.

The Front Range Community College work study program is funded by money from both the federal and state governments.  Eligibility to utilize this program is determined by first completing the Free Application of Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and availability of funds.  Final determination is through the Financial Aid Office.

What are the Different Types of Work Study?

The Federal Work Study Program is authorized by the Higher Education Act of 1965 and is reauthorized in the Higher Education Act of 1986 and based upon a students need. The Colorado Work Study Program was authorized in 1969 by the 47th General Assembly and available for students who are Colorado residents based upon a students need.

How Do I Apply for Work Study?

When completing the FAFSA, indicate your desire for work study and make sure your application is submitted by FRCC’s April 1 priority consideration date.  Work study is a part of a student’s financial aid award and these funds are generally assigned on a first come – first serve basis.  If your financial aid award does not contain a work study offer and you are interested in the program, please contact the Financial Aid Office to be considered.

What are the eligibility requirements for Work Study?

  • Students must have submitted the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)and have been determined to be eligible.
  • Must be a U.S. citizen or an eligible non-citizen, as defined by the U.S. Department of Education.
  • Must be enrolled and attending 6.0 or more credits hours in an eligible degree or certificate program.
  • Must have a high school diploma, GED, or have been successfully homeschooled.
  • Must be meeting the FRCC Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress standards.
  • Cannot  be in default of a student loan or owe a repayment on a federal grant at any educational institution.

How Do I Find a Job?

Available positions are posted online through eWOLF. Click the drop down arrow to the right of Student Resources and then Work Study & Student Jobs. As an applicant, you will be asked to create a “profile,” which will give you the opportunity to upload your resume and all other pertinent information you would need to apply for a job.

Tips on job searching

  • Searching for student employment positions can be done from your eWOLF under "Student Resources." 
  • You will be able to search positions by campus and Career and Academic Communities by clicking "Search Jobs" under "Current Listings."
  • If you have a Job Tracking Code for a particular position, you can also search through all opportunities by using the "Enter Search Terms" box in the Student Careers Portal.

How am I Paid?

All students are paid every two weeks after electronically submitting a time-sheet with supervisor approval.  This is in accordance with the CCCS Biweekly payroll calendar, see the Biweekly Payroll Schedule.

Students may work up to 20 hours per week when classes are in session, and up to 28 hours per week during designated breaks (Fall, Winter, and Spring Break).  

Hourly rates of pay meet federal requirements and are determined by the hiring department and Financial Aid. Hourly rates begin at $13.65 for on-campus positions. 

Contact Financial Aid

Email us or contact office at your campus:

Boulder County Campus

Phone: 303-404-5250

Fax: 303-678-3693

Larimer Campus

Phone: 970-204-8376

Fax: 970-204-8445

Westminster Campus

Phone: 303-404-5250

Fax: 303-439-9454