Nursing Application Deadline
Applications into the Westminster Nursing program will be accepted February 27, 2018 – March 24, 2018 for entry starting Fall semester 2018. See admissions requirements and process.
Nurses are special people who combine compassion with competence. They are responsible, detail-oriented people who work in a very fast-paced and changing profession. One thing that hasn't changed in recent years is a grave concern over a shortage of nurses. More new jobs are expected to be created for registered nurses than for any other occupation, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Our mission is to provide excellent education that prepares the learner to become a member of the nursing profession, meeting the needs of diverse populations.
Degrees & Certificates
Our Nursing Program prepares you for a career as a registered nurse. Admission into the program is a precise process. Although we provide you with information on this Web page, we always encourage you to consult the latest catalog for details.
- Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) in Nursing
- LPN-ADN Bridge Program
- This is a three-semester, advanced placement program allowing currently licensed Practical Nurses career mobility to obtain an Associate of Applied Science in Nursing. See details below.
- Nurse Aide Certificate
- The Nurse Aide certificate qualifies you to take the State Certification Examination to become a CNA. Graduates of our program have a 91 percent pass rate on the state exam.
- Practical Nurse Exit Option
- Students may complete the first year of the A.A.S. Nursing Program and NUR 169 to receive a certificate, and be eligible to apply to take the Licensed Practical Nurse examination (NCLEX-PN).
- Dual Enrollment Programs
- University of Colorado-Colorado Springs (UCCS): While taking courses at FRCC toward your A.A.S. in Nursing, you can take online courses from the Beth-El College of Nursing and Health Sciences at UCCS that count toward obtaining a BSN. For more information, visit the UCCS website.
- University of Colorado Denver (UCD): The UCD College of Nursing at Anschutz Medical Campus offers an Online Dual Enrollment Program. Visit the UCD website for current information.
- University of Northern Colorado (UNC): Learn about the UNC Dual Enrollment program on their website.
- Metropolitan State University of Denver (MSU Denver): Learn about the MSU Denver Dual Enrollment Pathway program,
- RN to BSN
- Metropolitan State University of Denver (MSU Denver): Learn about the MSU Denver RN to BSN completion option.
- University of Northern Colorado (UNC): Learn about the UNC RN to BSN program on their website.
- More RN to BSN completion programs are available at other colleges and universities, both in Colorado and across the nation.
Nursing Program Information
Nursing Program information sessions provide details on the application process, required prerequisite courses, estimated program costs and wait list information. They are held the second Wednesday of each month at 6:00 p.m. in Room B0353. Find this room on a map. (Note: No meetings are held in July or December, or if the campus is closed.)
Front Range Community College has adopted standards for admission, progression and graduation of all Nursing Program students in clinical courses involving direct client care. Candidates for these degrees must be able to meet these required minimum standards for successful completion of degree requirements.
It is highly recommended you meet with the Allied Health and Nursing Advisor to plan your program of study. Learn more about the nursing program admissions process
The Westminster Campus Nursing Program curriculum organizing framework describes the concepts, beliefs and philosophy upon which the nursing curriculum is organized and developed.
LPN to ADN Bridge Program Information
The LPN to ADN Bridge nursing program is a three semester advanced placement program allowing currently licensed Practical Nurses career mobility to obtain an Associate of Applied Science in Nursing. Upon successful completion of the LPN to ADN Bridge program, students are eligible to take the NCLEX-RN exam to become a Registered Nurse (RN).
Applications for the LPN to ADN Bridge Program are accepted once a year. Applications accepted January 26 - February 16, 2018. Learn more about the LPN-ADN admissions process.
Nurse Aide Program Information
Students interested in the Nurse Aide program must attend an information session to obtain an application packet. Learn more about the Nurse Aide Program admission requirements.
The Westminster Campus Nursing Program has continuing full approval from the Colorado State Board of Nursing. The Westminster Campus is also accredited by the Accreditation Commission For Education in Nursing, Inc. (ACEN).
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc.
3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 500
Atlanta, GA 30326
|NCLEX Pass Rate
Spring '16 & Fall '16 graduates
|82% of graduates passed NCLEX on their first attempt.
Spring '14 & Fall '14 Entry Cohorts
|80% graduated within 6 semesters of beginning the nursing program.
Fall '15 & Spring '16 Graduates
|85% of graduates returning the survey are employed in nursing within 6 to 12 months of graduation.
55% are continuing their education.
Fall '15 & Spring '16 Graduates
|100% of graduates returning the survey reported that the Westminster Nursing Program met their educational goals.