Upcoming Information Session
Date: Wednesday, September 1, 2021
Time: 4 pm (UTC-06:00) Mountain Time (US & Canada) | One hour
Join from the meeting link: Join meeting
Join meeting by phone:
Meeting number (access code): 120 016 8971
Meeting password: K7NyycPpW73
Tap to join from a mobile device (attendees only):
+1-720-650-7664,,1200168971## United States Toll (Denver)
Join by phone:
+1-720-650-7664 United States Toll (Denver)
Global call-in numbers
Join from a video system or application:
You can also dial 22.214.171.124 and enter your meeting number.
Nursing Program Admissions Process
Important to Know:
- Admission into the Front Range Community College Westminster Campus Nursing Program uses an application process. View/print new admissions criteria.
- Applicants must meet the minimum admission requirements detailed below and apply during the specified application period.
- Applications will be accepted twice a year, once for fall and once for spring admission. All positions will be filled from the competitive process pool.
- Incomplete applications will not be processed, nor will the Westminster Campus Nursing Department accept any additional materials, after the posted application deadline.
- Immunizations are not required until admitted into the program. Once admitted, the Nursing Department will provide more information.
Steps to Apply
1. Apply to FRCC
2. Take the placement tests through the FRCC Testing Center or submit ACT/SAT scores if taken within the past five years. Test into MAT 103 by completing MAT 050-Quantitative Literacy, or the Elementary Algebra assessment test with a score of 60 or higher. (Higher level math courses are also accepted. Math 107 does not qualify.)
3. Complete the following prerequisite coursework with a letter grade of “C” or higher:
- ENG 121 English Composition I
- PSY 235 Human Growth and Development
- HPR 108 Dietary Nutrition (1 credit) recommended - or - HWE 100 Human Nutrition (3 credits
- BIO 201 Human Anatomy & Physiology I (4 credits with lab)*
- BIO 204 Microbiology (4 credits with lab)*
*All science courses must have been completed within 7 years of entry into the nursing program.
A minimum GPA of 3.0 in these five courses is required. If prerequisite coursework is repeated, no more than one ‘D’ or ‘F’ in each of these courses is allowed. No prerequisite coursework may be in progress at the time of application.
If any prerequisite coursework was taken outside of the FRCC system, you must have your transcripts officially evaluated through the FRCC Office of the Registrar. All prerequisites must be transferred to your FRCC transcript before applying. Evaluations take up to 30 days to complete after the FRCC Registrar receives the official transcript and the Transfer Credit Evaluation Form. To be considered 'official', transcripts may not be issued to the student. Transcripts must be mailed directly from the previous college to the FRCC Office of the Registrar.
4. Take HESI A-2 Entrance Exam
5. Optional: Healthcare or customer service related employment or volunteer time within the last 5 years
- The required subject areas are: English Language (Reading Comprehension, Vocabulary and General Knowledge, Grammar), and Math. The Learner Profile ID (learning style and personality profile) is also required but will not be considered in scoring your application.
- You must have a minimum cumulative score of 80% on the HESI to apply to the FRCC Westminster Nursing program.
- The exam may only be taken twice in 365 days and must be taken within the last 5 years. It is offered at the Testing Center at the FRCC Westminster Campus and Prometric Testing Centers. Learn more about taking the HESI exam.
- If you have 250 or more hours of work or volunteer experience in healthcare or customer service, your employer must verify the number of hours (250 minimum to 2000) you have worked/volunteered in the last five years.You may submit more than one verification form. You must also submit a job description.
6. Optional: Healthcare Certifications/Licenses
7. Optional: Tie-Breaker Essay
- You may submit a copy of current certification or licenses for consideration. The applicant’s certification or license must be current and show both registration number and expiration date.
- CPR does not qualify.
- Examples of acceptable certifications or licenses are CNA, EMT, Phlebotomy, Pharmacy Technician, Medical Office Technician, Medical Assistant, and Health Information Technician.
8. Complete the online Nursing program application.
- Complete the application during the application period.
- Only complete applications will be considered.
- The online application will be available when applications are being accepted.
- You will need to upload electronic copies of the following documentation with your application:
Unofficial FRCC Transcript (no other transcripts will be accepted)
- HESI A-2 Summary Page
- Job description and letter from employer or volunteer supervisor (if applicable)
- Copy of healthcare certifications or licenses (if applicable)
- Optional transcript for Bachelor degrees, optional DD-214, optional Essay
9. Retain a copy of your application and all documentation for your records.
- You will be notified of your placement status via your student email (@student.cccs.edu) within 45 days after the deadline.