Once registered for NUA 1001 & 1070, students will be emailed a Nurse Aide Orientation powerpoint, which outlines the requirements and procedures for the required background check, immunizations, paperwork and policies. These will be started prior to day 1 of class.
Nurse Aide Classes at the Larimer Campus
All classes are held at the Larimer Campus in Fort Collins. The Nurse Aid Lab is in the Gray's Peak Building in room GP 210.
4616 S. Shields, Room GP210
Fort Collins, CO 80526
See map and directions
All immunizations need to be current throughout the program. Nurse Aide students are required by the clinical sites to provide proof of the following immunizations order to be eligible to attend clinicals:
- Negative TB test/tests (provide proof of either two skin tests, one blood test or one chest X-ray) performed within the last year and that will not expire prior to clinicals.
- Seasonal influenza vaccine October 1 - May 1.
- Students may be required to provide proof of negative COVID tests before or during the clinical rotation.
COVID-19 vaccine series
Students may sign a waiver for the following immunizations to take NUA 1070:
- Tdap (within 10 years)
- Hepatitis B Series (three shots)
- Measles, Mumps Rubella (MMR)
- 2 Varicella a.k.a. Chickenpox
- Meningococcal (Meningitis)
- Current textbook from the campus store located in Fort Collins
- A watch with a second hand
- Scrubs required for the clinical
- Box of medical gloves for lab practice
Students that live in Larimer County and enroll in this program may be eligible for scholarship funding to help pay for tuition, fees and other expenses from the Larimer County Economic & Workforce Development (LCEWD) department.
For policies and additional information, email the Program Director
or call the Nurse Aide Main Office 970-204-8200
This program is not currently offered on the Westminster Campus.