Orientation to Online Learning
Before the end of your first week of your first online class at Front Range Community College, you are required to complete the Orientation to Online Learning. It will give you a chance to:
Learn to navigate the online class management system, Desire2Learn (D2L)
- Understand the requirements and expectations of online classes
- Access tips and resources for having the best possible experience in online classes
Choose one of the two Orientation to Online Learning options:
Online Orientation Class in Desire2Learn
Complete the orientation tutorial in the D2L system before your classes begin. It is designed to take about an hour to do. This option is automatically available to all students who register for an online class, and can be referenced throughout the semester as needed.
To access the course:
- Login to D2L with your S number and password (same as eWOLF)
- 2. Scroll down to the My Courses section of your D2L homepage and click on the "Orientation to Online Learning" link
- Follow the directions for completing the orientation
Online Learning Class
As an alternative to completing the orientation tutorial in D2L, students can complete our one-credit AAA 091 class. This is a five-week online course designed to help you get comfortable with the information and skills needed to be successful in online classes.