Arborist Apprenticeship Program
Get Paid to Become a Certified Arborist
Get paid while you learn the skills needed to be successful in an arborist career. This is a two-year related learning program to accompany 2,000 hours per year of on-the-job-learning. An apprenticeship is a great way to learn. You will gain skills working one-on-one with a skilled professional on the job. You are paid and get promotions as your skills progress!
Arborist Skills You'll Learn
This apprenticeship includes 6,000 hours of training with your Tree Care Employer and 450 classroom hours at Front Range Community College in Westminster, Colorado over the three-year period. You will be trained in a variety of skills needed to become an arborist, including:
- Tree trimming
- Disease diagnosis and treatment
- Tree climbing
- Basic tree & shrub biology
Work Outdoors. Be Physically Fit. Learn an Exciting Trade.
Enjoy the majority of your instruction through active on-the-job training that truly prepares you for your chosen career. 90% of your time is spent on the job being taught and mentored by a Journeyman. The remaining 10% consists of classroom learning.
- Job sites are located throughout the Front Range.
- Work for small & medium-sized private businesses and municipality forestry departments.
- Receive a portable, nationally-recognized credential, which signifies to employers that you are fully qualified for the job.
- Attend classroom training at Front Range Community College in Westminster November-March.
$17/hr Entry Level
All classes will be held at FRCC Westminster Campus.
3645 West 112th Avenue
Westminster, CO 80031
Map & directions
Tuition per person of your apprenticeship:
- Year 1 — $2,500
(Due to a Workforce Training Grant, first year participants will only be charged a $150 registration fee)Year 2 — $2,500
Apprenticeship Program Admission
- Limit of 15 seats per cohort each fall.
- Participants must be employed with a Tree Care Company.
If an individual is not currently employed by a Tree Care Company but would like to be, visit Colorado Tree Care or email Colorado Tree Care Sector Partnership.
Tree Care companies who have registered their apprenticeship with the Department of Labor can register the participant with a credit card. Register for BICT 2095.601 for Year One, or BICT 2096.601 & BICT 2096.602 for Year Two. For additional information or questions, please email us.