Pharmacy Technician Admission Requirements
The Pharmacy Technician program provides the advanced level of pharmacy technician training and is offered at the FRCC Westminster Campus only.
Information Session Required For Registration
Information sessions are offered monthly on the first Thursday at 1 pm. Once you register, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting. Contact the Program Director if you have any questions.
Westminster Campus Program Requirements
Note: You will not be able to register for courses until the general requirements have been met.
- Must attend info session via Zoom (Register in advance). Meetings are offered monthly on the first Thursday at 1 pm.
- Take entrance exam (does not exclude you from the program)
- Meet with the Program Director Brandi Peavy
- Meet with a Health and Wellness Advisor (make appointment via Navigate)
All immunizations need to be current throughout the program. Pharmacy Tech has a clinical rotation requirement and students must have proof of the following to go to their clinical site:
- TB Test (valid for one year and must remain current throughout the program)
- Tdap (within 10 years)
- Hepatitis B series (three shot series over 6 months) or proof of immunity via a titer from their physician
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR) (two shot series over 2 months) or proof of immunity via a titer from their physician
- Varicella (Chickenpox) or proof of immunity either through a titer from their physician or a documented
- Seasonal influenza vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine series
- Negative COVID test may be required prior to attending clinical rotations
- Must have an American Heart Association BLS Provide CPR. Students can take HPR 1011 offered at Front Range Community College to fulfill this requirement before entering clinical rotations
- Must be able to pass a 10-Panel background check and drug test through FRCC
- Must be able to obtain a DORA Provisional License
- Must be able to show record of HS Diploma, GED Completion or Unofficial College Transcripts