With You, Every Step of the Way
Your academic advisor is here to guide you throughout your FRCC journey. They can help you decide on a major, map out the courses needed for your program and answer any questions you have along the way.
Here are some of the things they can help with:
- Develop your educational plan
- Choose your major
- Select the right courses for your program
- Connect you with resources you may need within the college and the community
- Answer any transfer questions
At FRCC, each Career & Academic Community has a team of advisors that specialize in that area, so you get expert advice in your field of study.east Meet Our Advisors
New to FRCC?
If you're just starting out at FRCC, you'll need to meet with your Academic Advisor before registering for classes. You can schedule your new student advising appointment in Navigate or by calling one of our advising scheduling lines.
Scheduling Your Advising Appointment
Scheduling an appointment is the best way to speak to your advisor. Advising appointments are available on-campus and virtually, and can be scheduled through Navigate or by calling one of our advising scheduling lines:
For students taking online classes, we have virtual advising appointments available.
Need Help with Navigate? Check out our Scheduling an Advising Appointment in Navigate tutorial video.
Have Other Questions? Email us.
Advising Information & Resources
The Boulder County Campus academic advising office is open Monday through Friday. Please see hours below:
|Monday||8:30 am - 6 pm|
|Tuesday||8:30 am - 5 pm|
|Wednesday||8:30 am - 5 pm|
|Thursday||8:30 am - 6 pm|
|Friday||8:30 am - 4 pm|
The best advising experiences come from scheduled appointments with your assigned advisor, but situations come up that require a quick and timely check in with a general advisor. For these situations we offer drop-in advising. They are limited to 15 minutes and are not intended for new students or academic planning.
Drop-in advising sessions are available in-person and via phone call and are first-come, first-served. Visit the Welcome Desk/Info. Center to be added to the student queue list. If you prefer a virtual appointment, please call any of the following advising scheduling numbers to make an appointment.
- Boulder County Campus: 303-678-3722
- Larimer Campus: 970-204-8332
- Westminster Campus: 303-404-5300
Fall 2023 Drop-In Hours
Through December 7, 2023
|Tuesday||2 pm - 4 pm|
|Thursday||11 am - 1 pm|
Spring 2024 Drop-In Hours
Beginning January 23, 2024
|Tuesday||2 pm - 4 pm|
|Wednesday||9 am - 11 am|
About Advising Appointments
Each Career and Academic Community has a team of advisors to assist students with detailed advising questions and needs. Make an appointment for:
- Academic planning and goal setting
- Discussing placement test scores or exemptions
- Choosing classes using the academic plans (MAPs)
- Changing major or program of study
- Reviewing Degree Check and graduation planning
- Transferring in or out of FRCC
- Credit completion warnings
- Academic suspension or probation
east Meet Our Advising Team
How to Prepare for Your Appointment
To get the most out of your advising session, make sure to bring:
- Any documents or worksheets from previous advising sessions.
- Any useful information you have about transfer requirements (if you're hoping to transfer your credits from FRCC to another college or university).
- Any questions you have about courses, programs, schedules, or your educational plans.
- A copy of your Degree Check in eWOLF—an online tool that helps you track your academic progress.
Other Advising Resources
Looking for other student services? Our campuses also offer the following:
- Mental Health Counseling (Boulder County Campus, Westminster Campus, Larimer Campus and virtual services)
- Career Services (Boulder County Campus, Westminster Campus, Larimer Campus and virtual services)
- TRIO Support Services (Boulder County Campus, Westminster Campus and virtual services)
- TRIO Upward Bound (Westminster Campus)
- Veteran Services (Boulder County Campus, Westminster Campus, Larimer Campus and virtual services)