Westminster Campus TRIO Student Support Services
TRIO Student Support Services (TRIO SSS) is a federally funded program designed to provide a community of support to students who have limited income, are first-generation college students and/or students have documented disabilities.
We provide services that promote academic, personal and professional growth, as well as assistance navigating financial aid and financial literacy.
As a TRIO SSS participant, you are part of a campus community where you feel encouraged, respected and supported throughout your educational journey at the FRCC Westminster Campus.
Who Can Apply for TRIO SSS
You can apply to TRIO if:
- You are a student at the FRCC Westminster Campus
- You are a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- You meet at least one of the following criteria:
- You can commit to the 3-2-1 each fall and spring semester
- 3 meetings with you TRIO SSS counselor
- Attend 2 TRIO Student Success workshops of your choice
- 1 meeting with your Peer Mentor
- Desire to graduate with a certificate or 30 credits or more, an associate degree and/or transfer to a four-year institution.
How to Apply
- Eligible students can complete the online application.
- Once you submit our application, you will be invited to participate in a short interview with TRIO SSS staff
TRIO SSS Westminster Campus can serve 140 students per academic year and is currently accepting applications.east Apply Today
What You Can Expect from TRIO SSS
TRIO participants will develop in meaningful ways as you are empowered to grow personally, academically, and professionally through community involvement, small group learning and individualized coaching. Students receive services tailored to your needs that will include but are not limited to:
Academic and Transfer Advising
Get assistance developing your academic plan and planning the courses you will take at FRCC, as well as access to academic tutoring services.
- Course selection
- Academic planning
- One-on-one tutoring services
Connect to resources at four-year institutions and go on campus tours to find which institution will be your next home after FRCC.
- Transfer tips
- Transfer institution selection and research on transfer courses
- Scholarship search and application assistance
Receive guidance completing the FAFSA, understanding the financial aid process and finding scholarships. Attend workshops focused on topics that range from budgeting and savings to credit cards and the economy.
- Assistance with FAFSA completion and verification
- Personal Finance and budgeting
- Understanding Financial Aid Award letter
Career Exploration and Navigation
Connect with resources that will help you figure out what educational path you want to follow, as well as helping you take that next step into your career.
- Career advising
- Job outlook and demand
- Resume and cover letter
- Informational interviews
Personal Development and Strengths Building
Capitalize on your strengths, develop your skills and tap into community resources.
- Understanding your strengths and challenges
- Identifying learning styles
- Skill development
- Cultural and community activities
- Referral to Westminster Campus Community Services
Student Success Workshops
Attend workshops on a variety of topics such as tips on being a successful student, resume writing, equity and inclusion, leadership development and more. Topics include:
- Online class success
- Financial Literacy and FAFSA assistance
- Identity Theft
- Discussions on social issues
Connect with a Peer Mentor with shared experiences who can be a guide on your educational journey.
- Community and team building
- Insider information and navigation
- Schedule build out
- Goal setting