In this Section

Questions about Care Forward Colorado?

With the Care Forward Colorado Program, you can get free, short-term training in high demand health care programs. The program covers tuition, fees and course materials. Below is a list of Frequently Asked Questions regarding this program.


What does Care Forward Colorado pay for?

Starting in Fall 2022, the program will pay for tuition, fees, materials, supplies, and book costs associated with the required coursework for the approved programs. 

Why healthcare?

Even before the COVID-19 pandemic, Colorado faced deep shortages in entry-level health care positions. According to data from the Colorado Talent Pipeline Report, several of these health care support jobs are projected to jump in demand. Care Forward Colorado will help the state rebuild its depleted healthcare workforce while providing zero to low-cost pathways that lead to living-wage, high-growth careers.

What programs are eligible for funding?

There are currently 13 fast-track health care programs that qualify or the Care Forward Colorado funding.

How do I qualify for Care Forward Colorado funding?

You must:

1. Be admitted to Front Range Community College and have declared your program in one of the qualifying certificate programs. Funding will only apply to courses required for the program you are declared in.

2. Students are required to either have completed a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or Colorado Application for Student Financial Aid (CASFA).

3. Complete the Care Forward Colorado Attestation Form.


If you need assistance or have questions in regards to completing either the FAFSA or CASFA, please contact the Financial Aid Office

How will I be awarded the funding?

Students that have been

  • admitted to Front Range Community College,
  • declared their program of study in one of the approved health care certificates programs,
  • taking courses required for the declared program,
  • completed a FAFSA or CASFA and,
  • completed a Care Forward Colorado Attestation Form.

will automatically be identified and awarded the funding. Funding is initially applied after the 15-week drop deadline for the semester. Please check the academic calendar for this date each term.


Students will receive a notice through their CCCS student email once funding is awarded and can check their funding through eWOLF on their aid offer.

How do I receive funding for course materials?

Funding for course materials is predetermined by the program directors and applied with your funding based on the semester you are in. Funding is not an exact reimbursement and cannot be received prior to the start of the term.

Can I get financial aid and the Care Forward Colorado funding?

Yes, if you are eligible for Federal and State Financial Aid you can receive that in conjunction with the Care Forward Colorado funding. Keep in mind though, that some of the qualifying programs are not eligible for Federal and State Financial Aid.

Can I get CTE (Colorado Technical Education) Grant fund and Care Forward Colorado funds?

No, unfortunately these funds cannot be combined together. For more information on the CTE (Colorado Technical Education) Grant, please visit our Scholarships page.

I am in the Finish What You Started or Back to Work COSI Programs, can I receive the Care Forward Colorado funding?

Yes, but Care Forward Colorado funding would only be able to cover the costs that Finish What You Started/Back to Work COSI programs do not cover.

Is there a deadline to meet the requirements to receive this funding within a semester?

Yes, you need to meet the eligibility requirements by the posted 15 week course withdraw date for the term. Please check the academic calendar for this date each term. 

When does this program expire?

Due to the limited availability of funding remaining for the Care Forward Colorado program, funding will be prioritized to continuing students and those completing programs in Spring 2024. Funding will be unavailable for students starting programs in Spring 2024.

I am an out of state, non-Colorado resident, can I still qualify?


I am an international student, can I qualify?


If I enroll in courses not required by one of the qualifying certificate programs, can I receive funding for those courses?

No, the Care Forward Colorado funding would only be applied to the courses required for the qualifying certificate program you are declared in at FRCC. If you have questions about which courses are required, please contact your Academic Advisor.

Can I get more than one certificate covered?

Yes, multiple certificates can be covered. In order to be eligible to receive funding you must be declared in one or more of the approved certificates. Only courses required for the degree are eligible.

My primary program is an AAS, AA or AS program, will secondary programs be covered?

Yes, if your official secondary declared program is one of the approved certificate programs, it can be covered by Care Forward Colorado funding.

I already have a Bachelor's degree, can I qualify for this funding?


I am ineligible for financial aid due to Satisfactory Academic Progress, can I qualify for this funding?


I do not have a high school diploma, would I qualify for funding?

Yes, so long as the qualifying program you are in does not require a high school diploma or GED. Please check with your Academic Advisor on program requirements.