Tutoring Services at Boulder County Campus
FRCC Students who are enrolled in a credit class at the Boulder County campus or an FRCC Online eligible for one hour of free weekly individual tutoring.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all services are currently being provided remotely.
- Students who miss or cancel two tutoring appointments may be dropped from tutoring for the rest of the semester.
- Tutors do not do homework for students. They are facilitators of student learning. Students should be prepared with goals and questions for each tutoring session. If students come to sessions unprepared, they risk being dropped from tutoring.
- Students must request a tutor at least three weeks before the end of the semester, which is the 12th week of the fall or spring semester, or the 7th week of the summer session.
Foundational Skills Tutoring
Any FRCC-BCC student enrolled in a for-credit course may request a Study Skills Tutor and/or Basic Computer Skills tutor.
- Study skills tutoring covers areas such as note taking, time management, organization, and test preparation.
- Basic Computer Skills cover the Microsoft Windows environment on a PC and are for students new to computers or have very limited computer experience. Skills such as navigating the desktop, document management, attaching documents to emails, are covered.
- Students requesting Foundational Skills tutoring are usually scheduled for between four to six weekly one-hour sessions.
How to Schedule a Tutor
Complete the Tutor Request Form.
Meet with Tutor Coordinator
Once you complete the Tutor Request Form, the Tutor Coordinator or Assistant will contact you by telephone and/or email.
All BCC and online students are eligible for individual tutoring starting March 30 until the end of the spring 2020 semester. Drop-in tutoring has been temporarily suspended for the remainder of this semester.
In addition to tutoring, the Boulder Academic Success Center offers a Math Lab, Writing Center, academic success coaching, and more.
Tutor Request Form